Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menu role for BI queries/workbooks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you probably know, you can add BI queries and workbooks to a role and use that to offer these to the end user per process (financial, logistics, etc). In BW you had to add at least one query to the role, otherwise you don't see it in the bex analyzer or query designer to add new queries or workbooks. You need the object s_user_agr for this even with act 01.

It is still the same in BI. Is there an other solution to this "problem" so I can add queries to a role without putting a dummy in first? I have added su53 so I can generate a profile, but that is not enough.

Have fun

Bye Jan van Roest

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jan van Roest,

As far as my knowledge, you cannot see a role until you assign queries to the role in Bex Analyzer. BI and BW acts in same manner. There is no other solution available!

But I would like to watch this thread if any expertise can through light to this problem.

Regards,

Geetha

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jan van Roest,

As far as my knowledge, you cannot see a role until you assign queries to the role in Bex Analyzer. BI and BW acts in same manner. There is no other solution available!

But I would like to watch this thread if any expertise can through light to this problem.

Regards,

Geetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I do not think there will be further answeres I closed this question.

Thanks Jan van Roest

0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

If late answers are still accepted, and I understood what you are wanting to achieve...

What I have seen before is that a set of composite roles (in their own name space, which the key users were authorized for maintenance of only - so not any real roles) was used, but only with 02 and not 01 if I also remember correctly.

They could then build their own menu's for their own role in PFCG, but do nothing else in it.

They were allowed to do this in production.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Thanks for your answer. Off course if anyone has a contribution I will be gratefully and happy. I have a different question. When I logon to this forum at my work I do not get entrance to the forums, but I do to all other options. Is it possible this is caused by the certificate I use? I did work till last Wednesday or Thursday. When I logon to sdn forums at home with adsl and direct to the url to reach this forum it is okay as you see.

I hope you can help me with this.

Bye Jan van Roest

0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

So my answer has nothing to do with your question, just like your counter question has nothing to do with my answer?

I have noticed a reduced activity from the same domain which you are in now that you mention it, so it might be that you have some company content filters blocking it.

Try using an anonymous proxy, or go to the thread ID number directly? Does that work.

If this has happened since last week Thursday, then it might also be some forum software changes which were deployed and caused some unexpected results and strange behaviour visible in the browser.

Cheers,

Julius