cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virus in mobile

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

Iam tring to deploy few reports of BI in MI,Iam comfortable with the configuration and all the configuration is set to be OK.

When i access the report in PDA(HTC) i find some Virus got effected to MY PDA.

Can you please tell me what highest level of Anti virus for mobile in MI to restrict this virus to effect my MI application as well as Mobile.

Regards,

Shashikanth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shashikanth,

What virus prompt or message are you getting? How are you so sure that you are having a virus in your PDA (I have personally seen hundreds of devices without any virus from general use)? You can search on many Windows Mobile tech forums on this. You will come to know that nobody recommends an anti - virus software for a PDA ( though there are a couple of them available like the one of Kaspersky Labs).

I personally advice you to not go for any antivirus software unless you are 100% sure that there is a virus infection on PDA.

BI reports will not be displayed properly on your PIE (Pocket Internet Explorer), as the browser does not support the UI elements used by a BI report.

What HTC device are you having? The models Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Touch HD have Opera Mobile 9.5 which may display your report in full if tweaked a bit.

You can also try a tech preview or beta version of Opera Mobile from http://www.opera.com/mobile/

Hope this solves your question.

Regards,

Veera