cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock user acount

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to lock those users acount who have not logged in over 30 days.Please tell me how to do it.

Edited by: aniruddha bhattacharyya on Feb 25, 2009 9:04 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks for your reply.But I want to do the same automatically,i.e. the user acount is to be locked automatically if he is not looged in for 30 days.Please teel me how to do it.

Regards

Hi Aniruddha

Then u have to write some services which take care about this.I came with same scenario : Standard EJB services were there which internally talk to R/3 system(Central User Administrator) ,I called those interface only, It internally lock the user as well as send notification to those user.

Let me know for further details

Best regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Could you give more information about the Standard EJB Services that are available and the process of calling those Interfaces from NWDS and making use of this application in Portal. I would appreciate your help. Because I am looking for similar kind of thing.

Regards,

PG.

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Take help from following threads

1.[Lock users|/message/1079901#1079901 [original link is broken];

2.[How to lock any existing user|/message/1384972#1384972 [original link is broken];

3.[Unable to lock user through Web Dynpro|;

Hope it help you

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks for your reply.But I want to do the same automatically,i.e. the user acount is to be locked automatically if he is not looged in for 30 days.Please teel me how to do it.

Regards

Aniruddha

Edited by: aniruddha bhattacharyya on Feb 25, 2009 10:03 AM

chander_kararia4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aniruddha,

If that is the scene, why you wanted to do this through code. While creating the user in the portal, you can set the properties there. The Portal will take care of all this then automatically.

Regards

Chander Kararia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.Please tell me which property I have to set to lock the user acount after certain period as early as possible.

Regerds

Aniruddha

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

try

{

IUserAccount userAccInfo = null;

userAccInfo.getLastFailedLogonDate();

userAccInfo.getLastSuccessfulLogonDate();

userAccInfo.setLocked(true, 1);

} catch (UMException e)

{

// TODO Auto-generated catch block

e.printStackTrace();

}

Note : Use according to your requirement.

Thanks

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Satish.

But I want to do it automatically i.e. whenever the user isnt logged in for more than 30 days his acount will be locked automatically.Please tell me how to do it.

Regards

Aniruddha