cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A/R reserve Invoice as Proforma Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have one doubt in A/R reserve invoice. My Client is using Proforma invoice. They will send this Proforma invoice to their customer to get get Confirmation about the Invoice. Once their Customer, confirms that proforma invoice, Our client will prepare the Original A/R Invoice. This flow is done manualy.

when i map this flow in B1, i cant create A/R invoice after posting the A/R reserve invoice having SO as base document. I can only create Delivery & A/R credit memo. More over when i was trying to create A/R Invoice by selecting the that Specific SO as base document. I can find that SO.

Can you help how to map this flow in SAP B1.

With thanks

Manickam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor

Proforma Invoice is different than Reserve Invoice.

A Proforma invoice is just like a confirmation and I would suggest you customize the Sales Order PLD

and send it as a proforma invoice

Reserve Invoice is mainly used when you receive advance payment on a order against this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha Sampath,

Thanks for your reply. But when i looked into the Learning material of SAP B1, I found that A/R reserve invoice can be used as Proforma Invoice but when u create A/R reserve invoice , Actual Quantity of the Warehouse Item is reduced & it wont affect the Available quantity. That's why i used A/R reserve invoice as Proforma invoice.

Ok then whats the use of A/R reserve invoice. expecting your reply.

Thanks

Manickam

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Reserve Invoice is mainly created when you do not want to reduce inventory but be able to create an Invoice so that you can receive money against it.

It does not change inventory quantities.

Let us say you have a Sales Order for Rs.1000 and you business policy is to take 50% advance.. You can create a Reserve Invoice for Rs.500 and then process an Incoming payment.

When the order is completed..Copy the SO to Delivery..AR Invoice..and on the AR Invoice screen adjust for the advance by linking the Reserve Invoice..

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha Sampath

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have one final question for you, according the solution you gave on the A/R reserve invoice. Whats the main difference between A/R downpayment & A/R reserve invoice. Both has the same flow.

With thanks

Manickam

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Both have very similar function. In case of A/R downpayment the transactoin can be configured to post to the a different GL account (like a downpayment account) defined on the BP Master instead of realizing it as Revenue).

The accounrting is well tied in case of Downpayment Invoice.

Suda

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

I want to know how all A/P Reserve Invoice works

ahmedfaragh64@gmail.com

0 Kudos

I want to know how all A/P Reserve Invoice works

ahmedfaragh64@gmail.com