cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INVALID_VARIABLE_VALUES error for drill down/up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I have created a VC model corresponding to a BI query. The query has 3 variables of which one is mandatory the value for which i am hardcoding.In the output table we have a heirarchy variable for

which I wish to use the drill up and drill down features.But after applying these features, and running

the application ,on clicking the drill down/up buttons i get the following error

Nested Exception. Failure to execute native function. Nested Exception. INVALID_VARIABLE_VALUES

The variable format seems to be fine as I have tried it from the BI side and it also generates the output in the VC output table.Following is the webapi used for drill down .

'FILTER_IOBJNM=YGL_ACCNT;FILTER_NODE_IOBJNM=0HIER_NODE;FILTER_VALUE='&#ID[ACC40T]@G_L_Account&';FILTER_COLLAPSE= ;FILTER_IOBJNM=YGL_ACCNT;CMD_1=CMD%3DDRILL_TO_LEVEL%26LEVEL%3D2%26IOBJNM%3DYGL_ACCNT%26DATA_PROVIDER%3DDP;'

Any help would be most appreciated.

BI 7.0,VC 7.0

PS: have already gone through the wiki link for this error

Thank You

Rgds

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veneeth,

A couple of questions for clarification:

1) Can you specify the complete WEB API commands you are using, including the hardcoded mandatory variable?

2) I am assuming that the characteristic YGL_ACCNT is a custom characteristic. Can you clarify how the hierarchy for this has been defined?

3) You seem to have replicated the parameter 'FILTER_IOBJNM=YGL_ACCNT'. Is this intended?

4) Where is the filter value being derived from? ie. What does '#IDACC40T@G_L_Account' refer to?

If you can answer the above questions I can try to help.

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mustafa,

Thank you for your reply.

1)The complete web api command is in the above thread, the mandatory variable is the fiscal year.

2)am not too sure about your question.

3)the command is as intended as per the sap documentation

4)refers to the GLaccount value in the output table ,which is referred to by the id given.

Rgds

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

u201Cweb api is deprecated with the next release of SAP NetWeaver and is subject to change.u201D.....

VC and BI 7.0

know any alternative ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vineeth,

Please see my comments below:

1)The complete web api command is in the above thread, the mandatory variable is the fiscal year.

I don't see where you have defined the fiscal year in the web API command below:

'FILTER_IOBJNM=YGL_ACCNT;FILTER_NODE_IOBJNM=0HIER_NODE;FILTER_VALUE='&#IDACC40T@G_L_Account&';
FILTER_COLLAPSE= ;FILTER_IOBJNM=YGL_ACCNT;
CMD_1=CMD%3DDRILL_TO_LEVEL%26LEVEL%3D2%26IOBJNM%3DYGL_ACCNT%26DATA_PROVIDER%3DDP;'

2)am not too sure about your question.

Is the hierarchy for YGL_ACCNT defined as a text hierarchy or characteristic hierarchy? If it is a characteristic hierarchy, you should specifiy the parameter FILTER_NODE_IOBJNM=YGL_ACCNT instead of FILTER_NODE_IOBJNM=0HIER_NODE.

3)the command is as intended as per the sap documentation

If you are following the SAP documentation, the first occurrence of FILTER_IOBJNM=YGL_ACCNT should be removed as it is already defined after the FILTER_COLLAPSE parameter.

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Musthafa,

Thank you again for replying. But this error was fixed when i tried the same approach in a new model. VC is quite strange the way it behaves sometimes !

Now am trying a heirarchy input and am facing issue with the signal in element.

I am unable to add any input field to the signal in element

Any idea why is this so?

Thanks

Rgds