cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

instance migrates to new server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have ECC6 system (win NT, MSSQL -patch level 158) which is going to be decommisioned and setting up a new fresh instance with same SAP version (win NT, MSSQL- patch level 144)

SID's will be the same for the new instance as that of old one.

So my question is that in order to move development/test activities made by developers on the old instance to this new instance.Just the customized programs. I'm suggesting them to release them as a transport request . Save data and cofiles of the request and add them to the transport directory in the new system and and later import.

Please someone let me know if their would be any inconsistencies or dependcies i need to check before doing this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

let me know if their would be any inconsistencies or dependcies i need to check before doing this

Only your abapers can answer this questions...

You can also try a remote client copy with profile SAP_CUST

Read

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/99/0a2a887e2511d2a6250000e82deaaa/content.htm

Regards

Juan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you thought about homogeneous system copy?

You will find lots of document at

But you can transfer data like roles, programs etc via transport request too.

Thanks,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks ..its a fresh installation with same SID. just like a dummy box for few developers.

Those guys just want their customized programs they developed in the new instance not everything..

thank you anyway..points assigned