Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity Planning in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Consultants,

This is a requirement from our client.

While entering the Sales Order , system should propose the delivery date based on the Capacity Availability.

If a particular Workcenter is loaded on the delivery date, they want the system to throw an error and to propose the next feasible delivery date (the date on which capacity is available).

pls clarify whether this is possible in ECC6.0 , else if it is not possible

kindly suggest some workaround.

Regards,

Sheik

PP Consultant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not possible to propose the delivery date based on the Capacity Availability , during Sale Order creation.

Regards,

sheik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe this can be done by configuring the availability check option in the SPRO and giving the appropriate checking rule.. Once you select that you can get the selection screen where you will get the futuristic delivery dates for that material

Path in SPRO:

SPRO -> Sales and Distribution -> Basic functions-> Availability check -> Availability check against ATP logic or planning -> Checking rule for updating backorders.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you are aware, production can be initiated in two ways. One is Make To Stock and another one is Make To Order.

In Make To Stock, you would keep on producing runner items irrespective of whether sale order exits for that material or not and hence, your requirement is totally ruled out

In the second instance, that is in Make To Order scenario, only after creating and saving a sale order, the requirements will be passed on to Purchasing and Production and hence, here also, I dont think, your requirement can be met.

Of course, in CM31, you do Capacity Levelling through which you can also prioritise sale orders.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks laxmipathy.

Ours is a MTO scenario only.

Even in a MTO scenario, machines may be loaded with previous orders.

So my client wants the system to propose a feasible delivery date based on the Capacity Availability.

Hope I have explained clearly.

Is this possible ?

Regards,

Sheik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think for this issue you should look forward for user exit or interface programs with the help of abap consultants.

Thanks,

Swamy H P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you suggest the exact User exit ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

x

Edited by: sheik abdulla on Feb 25, 2009 12:46 PM