cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variable substitution error while using Seeburger module parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Freinds,

I would like to use the variable substitution in a receiver file adapter to add the invoice no.

(which is contained in the XML file) to the target filename.

In addition I have to convert the XML file to an X12 EDI format using the seeburger module "localejbs/CallBicXIRaBean".

As soon as this entry is made in the modules the following error message occurs:

"com.sap.aii.adapter.file.configuration.DynamicConfigurationException:

Error during variable substitution: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.varsubst.VariableDataSourceException:

Caught SAXException while parsing XML payload: Fatal Error: com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.ParserException:

XMLParser: No data allowed here: (hex) 53, 4f, 48(:main:, row:1, col:3)"

My problem is that the conversion from XML to X12 EDI is done before the variable substitution is started.

That`s why the reference for the variable is no longer valid as the file is already converted to a X12 EDI (=flatfile) format.

If I disable one of the two steps (either 1:1-mapping or variable substitution) the other step runs properly.

Has anybody an idea how to solve this topic?

Is it possible to specify the variable substitution as module?

If this is possible I could solve it by just reordering the two steps in the module chain.

Regards

Venkatesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use Dynamic Configuration Bean to set this value. You have to use this well before "localejbs/CallBicXIRaBean".

Check SAP note : 974481 for more information.

Blog: [/people/jin.shin/blog/2007/04/27/sap-netweaver-xi-variable-substitution-with-adapter-specific-message-attributes-via-dynamicconfigurationbean|/people/jin.shin/blog/2007/04/27/sap-netweaver-xi-variable-substitution-with-adapter-specific-message-attributes-via-dynamicconfigurationbean]

Second Approach if the above approach doesnt work.

Use Dynamic Configuration concept in UDF to set the filename under message Mapping.

Thanks,

- Gujjeti.

Edited by: Praveen Gujjeti on Feb 25, 2009 11:25 AM