cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detailed navigation in Internet Explorer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I can able to see detailed Navigation in Mozilla Firefox 3.0 version. But its not showing in the Internet Explorer. I posted this in SDN.But i got replies like "java script enabled problem" .Is there any possible way to get Detailed Navigation in the Interenet Explorer, like version wise.

Please help me to achieve that.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sushma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I changed the Compatibity View Settings in the IE 8.0.No issues its working fine......

chander_kararia4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushma,

I have also started using the IE8 version. Could you please tell me what settings need to be done. I am also not able to logg off from portal

Regards

Chander Kararia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try this option in order to solve your problem.

From the menu of IE 8.0 please select:

tools --> Compatibility View

add the website with compatibility issue.

This way, for that specific website IE will work in 7.0.

This is a workaround obviusly but it works.

Ciao,

Stefano Lilli

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushma

1.Which version of IE you are using WD App runs perfectly with 6 and 7.

2.Change the setting Go to Window -->WebBroswer and select IE.

This happens when a script in a web page contains an error or fails to execute correctly. Exactly what happens depends on the browser and type of error, but in most cases some sort of error notification will be displayed.

As you have written Its a Java script enable problem ,here follow the steps for To Enable java script

for IE (6.0)

1. Select 'Tools' from the top menu

2. Choose 'Internet Options'

3. Click on the 'Security' tab

4. Click on 'Custom Level'

5. Scroll down until you see section labled 'Scripting'

6. Under 'Active Scripting', select 'Enable' and click OK

Let see

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi satish,

Thanks for ur help.

One point i have to mention here.

Iam logging in to the portal with ip address in the Url.(http://<ipaddress>:50000/irj/portal)

In Mozilla Firefox 3.0 version, i can able to see the detailed navigation while giving ip address in the portal Url.

But its not showing detailed navigation in the Internet Explorer with ip address in the portal Url.

"java script enabled problem"---someone told to me.

Is there any possible way to achieve this.

Please help me.

Regards

Sushma

chander_kararia4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushma,

I suppose somewhat the same query you have asked in your another post.

Refer the link - [;

Please close that post if do not want to continue. Thanks.

Regards

Chander Kararia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chander,

Previous Query is,

Both in internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox,Detailed Navigation is not coming in portal with ip address in the portal Url.

Now my question is

Its working fine in Mozilla Firefox but not in IE.

Is there any possible way (means version like anything)to work also in IE.Thanks.

Regards

Sushma

chander_kararia4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushma,

Portal works best with IE6.0 & I hope you are already using that. Regarding the Scripting, there is the solution in one of the above posts.

Well, if you change the portal version, that might result in some other issues with other applications or there functionalities. So, best to use this version only if you do not have very specific & pin point requirement. I tried it with higher versions also, but didn't worked for me.

Regarding the posting, that would have been better if you have mentioned the steps or solution you approached to get the same in Mozilla in your other post. That would have benefited others also & the same could have been continued over there.

Well you can close that thread mentioning how you get the things done for Mozilla. Thanks.

Regards

Chander Kararia

# Please close the thread once get the correct answer. Give rewards for answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chander,

Thanks for your help.

But its not showing detailed navigation in the portal using ip address.Even i tried what i did in getting in Mozilla.

Is there any alternative to do that.

"Detailed Navigation should appear in portal using ip address in uRL in IE".This is my requirement.

Regards

Sushma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I downloaded IE 8.0 Version in my system,with that i can able to see detailed navigation in the IE.

But the problem is iam not able to loggoff the portal in this version.

Please help me what i have to do to achieve that.

Regards

sushma