cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

entry missing in table t78nr

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ppl,

I have checked all the queries relevant to my question and got an overview idea of how to configure in swu3.But my problem here is iam practising in client 300(test client).I need to enter an unique number in swu3.So i dont want to inform this to my basis consultant.Isit ok if i put 123,or id1 any numbers or alphabets as prefix number.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Standard Workflows given by SAP usually uses the numbers from 1 to 8 as the starting number.

so its better to use the prefix number starting with 9. say u can use the prefix number as 900 so all your workflows created will start from 90000001.

Also you can easily identify that all workflows starting with 900 are custom workflows.

Regards,

PR.

saumya_govil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priyank,

You need not maintain prefix numbers for workflows in test system. It is mandatory only in developmet system as it is used to generate workflow IDs for the custom workflows created by developers.

As in test system you would not require creation of workflows so prefix numbers would not be used.

Just trasport the workflows from dev to test system and then perform test cases on them.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Saumya

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you all,even if i start with dev client to configure prefix number.could you please elaborate on this..i mean steps to start with till the end of transporting trn.It would be a great helpful to me.

saumya_govil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priyank,

To maintain prefix number in dev, do the following:

1. Go to transaction SWU3.

2. Expand node Maintain Definition Environment

3. Go to Maintain Prefix numbers and execute it.

4. Make an entry giving a prefix number say 900, SAP system name, client used and Package to store it.

5. Now generate Maintain Prefix numbers.

To transport workflows from dev to test system do the follwoing:

1. Go to t-code SCC1.

2. Select the transport request number and enter the source system as dev system (client)

3. Click on 'Including Request Subtasks.

4. Click on button 'Start immediately'

This would copy the TR from dev to test system.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Saumya

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have done with everything. but still same error.i have generated a prefix number in "available prefix number for wf and orgn management" but still facing the same probelm.:(

saumya_govil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priyank,

Could you state in detail exactly what problem are you facing in test system if the prefix numbers are not maintained?

Is it that the workflows are not getting triggered or some other specific issue?

Regards,

Saumya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you let us know for what client u did the prefix configuration and in what client you are trying to create workflow ?

Assume if you have maintained prefix number in Test Client and if you are trying to create a custom workflow in Dev Client it will give u an error.

Regards,

PR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per soumya's instructions i configured in dev and ran scc1 tcode in 300 client(test).It displayed 'program ran successfully'.An entry with 900 is copied in table t78nr.But when i create a standard task (assigning attributes,object type and method) and save.Its again displaying 'Entry missing in table t78nr'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create the Workflow or Task in Dev itself.

It gets reflected in the other client(test) automatically.

I mean what ever workflows or tasks you create in Dev can be accessed from client(test) as well..

Regards,

PR.

Edited by: Pathanjali Reddy on Feb 25, 2009 12:13 PM

saumya_govil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priyank,

What is the prefix number you are using in dev system? Is it 900?

Please check and use the same in test system also.

Also, why do you need to create standard task in test system? Please explain in detail.

Regards,

Saumya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi reddy, actually iam new to workflow, recently joined for training.so i dont want to do any RnD's across the system as it would land up in a huge problem.Soumya, i have created an entry with 900,and its been copied in 300 test client.I have created an object in swo1 and need to create a standard task.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to create workflows or tasks in test client(300) only,

in the prefix configuration of Dev client, make an entry for client 300 as well.

Ex:

Prefix No clientID

900 300

950 100

now do the SCC1 as mentioned by saumya.

Then you will be able to create the workflows or tasks in client 300.

Regards,

PR.

Edited by: Pathanjali Reddy on Feb 25, 2009 12:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have checked in table t78nr in client 300.its copied like-

no - 900

sapsystem - (nothing)

client- 200.now what i need to do...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi reddy,soumya..please help me guys..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi reddy,soumya..please help me guys..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi reddy, still iam facing the same problem.i have created one more in dev client with

prefix num = 950

sap system = testing

client = 300.

and copied across the system.but still iam unable to come out of it:(.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP System ID --> press F4 and select the appropriate system.

What does the error message say when you try to create workflow or task in test client 300?

Regards,

PR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prefix number: entry missing for system DEV client 300..this is the error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi reddy soumya..thank you guys..thanks a lot.issue has been solved.

former_member184495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PD,

if you talking about prefix numbering in SWU3, prefix needs to be done only in DEV systems.

Prefix is required in DEV to develop a custom WF.

You do not need to create prefix in QA and PRD as system would take care.

Just transport all requests pertaining across the system landscapes, thats it.

Hope it helps.

Aditya