cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incompletion log issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have added two new field in incompletion log in two different item category from table VBKD po number and your reference.

If i create a new line item in a existing contract where already few line items exist then for one item category system is prompting those two new fields in the incompletion log for the new line item and for the existing line item if changes has been made which is fine

But for other item category system is prompting for all the line items whether it is newly added or changess made in the existing line item or no changes has been made.We want system should prompt only for new line items not for the existing one.

Coudl anybody please tell me what is the possible reason?

REGARDS,

Satya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

You are changing incompletion procedures assigned to existing item categories and then trying to change an old docuement by adding new line items with same item categories.

When you click save, system will by default check the entire document for any possible changes and incompleteness therein and surely it will declare previously entered line items as incomplete due to additional fields in incompleteness procedure.

Simplest solution would be- create a new contract for new line items.

Else you will have to modify the code of the standard SAP program.

Regards,

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.But as i mentioned in my first mail for one categroy its only asking for the new line item and if any change makes in the existing line item.But another item category its asking for all the line item whether new or old(even with no changes has been made).

Do you have any idea how through programming we can achieve this?

Regards,

SATYA.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the link but my question is the incompletion log should not prompt for the historical line items of the document.It should only prompt for new line items.

How should i go about it?

Regards,

Satya

0 Kudos

Hi SATYA MURTY,

I think the system show the incompletion of the existing line with the new fields added because this items were incompleted before you change the incompletion log routine.

Thanks in advances,

Mariano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya

It is normal that while checking for incompletion log, it will check for all the field whichever are there in the incompletion log. this you can't change. But if you want only the fields which you created should be checked?

then you have to create a New incomplete procedure and insert the 2 fields in it and assign it to your Sales document.

Best Regards

Sree