cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Channel sequential processing based on file names

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement in a sender file channel.

There are mulitple files with different file names, I want these files to be processed in sequence based on the file name.

For example.

The files lets say are A3_1, A2, A1,A3_2.

I want to process A1 then A2 and then A3.

Please suggest methods to implement the same, I think an adapter module should help, please throw some light on the same.

Regards,

Varun.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The option that you have mentioned is valid for NFS only,

I am using an FTP connection and also the filename processing sequence is not alphabetical.

In my case I have to process the files starting with D first then A and then I

Please suggest.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Varun,

In that case I think you need to consider BPM. The file adapter does not support 'advanced' techniques for the sequence in which it polls files.

The process would then be:

- Use the adapter specific identiers for the file adapter to include the file name (/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions)

- Create a message mapping that puts the file name from the dynamic configuration into a field in the message type

- Create an integration process that receives the files from this adapter inside a loop step (/people/daniel.graversen/blog/2006/09/07/using-a-bpm-to-collect-messages-for-a-set-interval-of-time)

- You can now create an interface mapping that sorts the messages according to their filename and then send the messages to the receiver one by one (EOIO?).

Kind regards,

Koen

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

If you want the file to be processed in sequence then you can use Quality of Service EOIO in the sender adapter.

The files are processed in the sequence they are picked up.

Another criteria is processing sequence in file adapter. There are two options By data and By Name. Depending no what you select it will maintain a EOIO order in the XI.

Rgds

joel

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Set Processing Sequence as "By Name" in Sender File Channel paramters.

Give a (.) wild card for FileName.

former_member203631
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

In Configuration you will be having an option of Processing Sequence, here select the ByName option which will resolve your problem.

*If it provides an answer to your query plz provide the points

Regards,

Shiva.