cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC6 SR3 installation error( check DDIC password step) - unable to open RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

can any body help me with this problem , actually i was installing ECC 6 SR3. with Usage type ABAP & JAVA adn EP . but the problem is at 29th step , at step- CHECK DDIC PASSWORD - THE INSTALLATION STOPS AND ERROR IS " unable to open RFC connection to sap system <SID>.

solution : start the system . but when i am trying to start the system dispatched is stopped and not getting up.

i have gone through few other forums and come across one such issue and aswer for that was to upgrade the kernel, but here my doubt is how can we upgrade the kernel when first installation is not finished yet. if i am wrong is it ok to have upgrading the kernel even if the installationis not finished ?

thanks in advance

akhil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member603052
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Paste the sapinst.log

Regards,

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

thanks for all your feed backs. i couldn't do installation ,even after kernel upgrade.

i think this is somr code problem. or is there any database patch is available for that. did anybody else also faced this problem with SR3 on oracle 10.2 specially, if yes please post ur experience ..

if there are any SAP Labs guy in this post please suggest some notes .

thanks

akhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear akhil k , please read what is posted before ....

Are you have same error now? If yes please say yor OS for example, and post the dev_w0 file content from work folder. Are your sap server started can you check this ? In Any case post dev_w0

Regards.

former_member603052
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

First of all you need to post the error logs so that anyone can analyze and suggest you notes or whatever it is.

Regards,

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It will be helpful if you post log from Program Files\sapinst_instdir directory.

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team

To my knowledge SAP doesn't recommend to do so,We need to check the logs and try to resolve it.

Please paste the logs

Thanks

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

Though the installation is not complete, SAP kernel is installed before it checks for DDIC password. Please download the kernel files from SAP Marketplace and replace these files with the existing files under \usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\exe\NTAMD64 and continue with the installation, it will work.

Savitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Savitha,

Is that what SAP suggest us to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

So you have the same problem even with SR3...

Do you have any contact with SAP? I want to know which password to put in as well. (even though

I still have some concern over the PWDINITIAL = '1')

Where is SAP programmers?

Keep me posted as well, thanks.

former_member603052
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

What error is showing in dev_w0 log.

If you can Start the SAP Instance and login to 000 client with sap* and create user DDIC(if already exists,change password). Now login with DDIC and change the initial password.

Now in the installation give the password of DDIC u newly changed and proceed the installation.

This worked in my case and hope its works to you too

Regards,

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with below SQL command, you will check the DDIC entry exist or not ?

select * from sapr3.USR02 where bname ='DDIC'and mandt = '000';

check files dev_w0, dev_disp and dev_ms in work directory

Check sapinst_instdir/ECC60/SYSTEM/ABAP/ORA/NUC/DB/sapinst.log & sapinst_dev.log.

Also check R3trans -d, listner and the file permissions.

U can update the kernel in between

Regards!!

Syed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Akhil,

just post the dev_w0 logs from work directory to let us know of the error that you are getiing while starting SAP

Also you will have no probelm in upgrading the kernel,you can try that now

Rohit