cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHaRM-How to reconcile Maintenance Cycle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experters,

Initially we were having Dev & QA and TMS setup 3 system landscape with PROD as virtual system.

In Solution Manager, System Landscape only the real system appeared and created the RFC connections of client 000 and working client of both Dev & QA, assigned to a logical component. That logical component attached to a Maintenance project for CHaRM. It created Task list, Maintenance cycle. After a week our PROD server was ready and did the config in Solution Manager for CHaRM.

Even updated logical componet and not get any error. But somehow not recognizing the PROD system in the Project. I mean while creating ur.gent correction just select the iBASE and continue but I see the message as

Message from function module /TMWFLOW/CHECK_PRJ_CONSISTENCY: System role P of PROD-100 not in project

Message no. /TMWFLOW/TRACK_N162

While checking the Maintenance Cycle using TCode /TMWFLOW/MAINTINST , go to Maintenance Cycles Tab,

Production System column blank, like other Maintenance Cycles display the production system and under Maintenance System display only DEVCLNT100.

When I click on Maintenance Cycle M000000001, receiving following error message,

Task List M000000001 no Longer Conforms to the Current Definitions

Message no. /TMWFLOW/TASKLIST151

The systems in task list M000000001 do not match project definition ZZZ_ERP_M

Message no. /TMWFLOW/TASKLIST069

If anybody has any clue, please help me on this.

Thanks

Ava

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

close and re-generate a new project cycle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have had this problem continously, and whenever I tamper/modify with the logical components I set at the beginning under Landscape --> Systems, I then closed the current maintenance task list, and create a new one. What will happen is that all change documents get orphans and are ready to be adopted by your new maintenance Task List (TL).

Why don't you try it out? Sounds logical, right? And you leave all inconsistencies behind and start fresh, using your same maintenance project, but with a new task list.

Kindly advise,

Regards,

#solman71today

Louis-Nicolas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the same problem list above ... "

The systems in task list I000000083 do not match project definition XXXX "

What is the step to close the TL and generate a new one ?

Should I also close the Project cycle ?

I am not sure to understand, how the current created TR and Change doc, in progress on this project will be reassign.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have our Production Landscape ( ED1 -> EQ1 -> EP1) running fine with CHARM. Now we would like to add Project Landscape in to CHARM (i.e ED2 -> EQ2 -> EP1) . We planned to use EP1 system for Project Landscape and change the Transport domain (i.e Remove ED1 & EQ1 and make EP1 as real system for Project Landscape) during cut-over .

Any body has experience on such setup. Your help is really appreciatable.

Thanks & Regards

Mani

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if Activate Change Management Check Box is enabled. If it is enabled, De-Activate once and Activate again and try.

Did you correct the Tranpsort path after you added your actual production system?

Feel free to revert back.

-=-Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragu,

Appreciate your quick response. As I mentioned in my initial question that I created the project when I have only Dev & QA real system but TMS was setup of 3 system landscape with PROD as virtual. When got the real PROD system, updated the TMS from virtual to real and distribute to all system.

Once checked the activate the Change request Management I do not see to de-activate because it's greyed out.

Answer to your question, yes Transport has changed after the project created and also distibuted too.

FYI, in Task window I see only Source system as Dev and Target system as QA, I do not see Production system

Please let me know, if need any information to resolve this.

Thanks

Ava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your production system listed in your SMI project under tab "System Landscapes" -> "Systems" (tx: SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN)?

Are you able to close the maintenance cycle and create a new one for that project?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Yes, the production system listed in our SMI project under tab "System Landscapes" -> "Systems" (tx: SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN). I do not want to close this maintenance cycle and create new one (unless necessary). Currently the maintenance cycle status u201CDevelopment with Releaseu201D and use for both normal correction (as far as to QA) and some ur.gent correction all the way to PROD.

Couple of questions about closing the maintenance cycle.

1. how to close the maintenance cycle?

2. When close maintenance cycle, it will close task on the cycle and what about transport

request assigned to the task?

3. we have some Normal correction and ur.gent correction request attached to this project and

cycle. If I close does this affect the project. Because need to continue same project.

4. What will happen to Normal correction which is still in QA?

5. How to create maintenance cycle?

Thanks 'n' Regards

Ava

ryan_wermager
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ava -

I am wondering if you ever resolved the above issue. I am having the exact same issue except with out QA system. You were having an issue with your PROD system.

Also - how did you define PROD as a virtual system?

Regards,

Ryan