cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

createNonModalExternalWindow not setting the title

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using createNonModalExternalWindow to open up a document.The document opens up fine but the document name is not the title I set, it's the complete URL. I tried setTitle and I tried using createExternalWindow also but got the same result.

Any ideas.

Thanks.

MS.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sanyev
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi MSR,

When using a URL to launch a new window with the createNonModalExternalWindow API, the title String doesn't work. I don't know why the API has a title. Since a new browser window is launched with the requested URL the browser will take the title that is set in the HTML file. Since Webdynpro is not generating the HTML in this case there is no possibility of setting the title through Webdynpro.

You can only set the Title for Webdynpro windows. The setTitle() api will work with Webdynpro windows only. While using the createNonModalExternalWindow or createExternalWindow the title in the browser window will be the same as the one when you directly launch the URL in the browser.

Regards,

Sanyev

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

IWDWindow API has set of method related to properties of WINDOW ,Which is working well for all those stuff related to webdynpro(b'z Designed for that ),But it will not work where we are pointing out-side of the Application that is URL, Because here IE contents get priority over webdynpro or simply , here things are not handled by IWDWindow API.

Regards

Satish Kumar

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MS

IWDWindow wd = wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createNonModalExternalWindow("http://www.google.com", "Window Title");

wd.setTitle("ABC");

wd.setWindowSize(100, 100);

wd.show();

Both Highlighted Bold Field is not applicable here ,Because it completely iniciate the new Internet Explorer

so capturing its Header Title we have to find some workaround.

Best Regards

Satish Kumar