cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split expense receipt into two GL accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on German Travel Expense, and the requirement that I am stuck with is:

> Expense type: Entertainment

> After tax amount must be split by 70% (entertainment account) and 30% (non-deductible entertainment account).

I have looked into wage type and assigned two different wage types to Expense type Entertainment. But, according to my knowledge, I have to specify a maximum amount to 1st Wage type in order to utilize 2nd Wage type. This will not help me, since I need this to work based on percentage rather than absolute amount.

I would appreciate it, if someone can at least provide me a basic step by step detail, rather than just saying do account assignment in SPRO.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a similar situation to handle. Appreicate if you can mention the method in the BAPI that could be used to do the necessary split. I had a look at the BAPI TRIP_POST_FI and wondering which method to use to achieve the split.

Regards,

Karthik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Karthik,

I have the same requirement - can you please advise which method in BAdI TRIP_POST_FI you used to do this split by percentage?

thanks

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

i) Define Two Wage Types.

ii) Assign Wage types in V_T706B4

1st Wage type should be related to 70% amount

2nd Wage Type ralated to 30% amount

iii) Define Maximum amount i.e. 70% of amount in V_T706B2

as amount type Distribution of receipt amount to different wage types (D)

(D) Distribution of the receipt amount to different wage types

The receipt amount is split into two parts if the maximum amount stored here is exceeded.

The first part contains the maximum amount stored and is assigned to the first wage type. This part contains the input tax code of the receipt recorded in dialogs.

The second part is the amount that exceeds the maximum rate. It is written to the second wage type and posted with 0% input tax.

Regards,

Kamal Rawal

Edited by: Kamal Rawal on Feb 25, 2009 12:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rawal for the reply, but this still doesn't solve my issue.

Scenario:

- Employee creates a travel expense report and submits Entertainment expenses.

- After tax deduction, amount gets split into two saperate accounts based on 70% and 30%

- Tax amount will be move into tax account.

Wage types that you are suggesting, needs a maximum absolute amount, whereas we have a %. This % will differ each time based on amount submitted.

I believe this is tax code issue more than wage type, but I may be wrong...

Please reply... points will be awarded.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do this in BADI - TRIP_POST_FI

Regards,

Kamal