cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling the execution of start points in different nested iViews

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an application in which a tabstrip displays a single nested iView within each tab. Each of the nested iViews loads data via a BI Query data service. A start point in each iView specifies the initial parameters to load the query data.

I would like the start point for a particular iView to be executed only when the user selects the tab that contains that iView. However, at the moment, when the application starts up, ALL of the iView start points are executed, resulting in a long wait. There doesn't appear top be a way to check if a particular tab has been clicked by the user and then only execute the start point for the tab's iView based on this.

I would appreciate any suggestions for implementing the above requirement.

Regards,

Mustafa.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

Do not use start point. If you use start point it will be executed automatically when application started. Try to pass the data from one nested iview to another and make the event as 'select'. Try this.

Regards

Basheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basheer,

Are you suggesting using the Signal Out and Signal In elements to pass data between the iViews? If so, it is not possible to define an event, such as 'select' when passing parameters between iViews.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mustafa, I have exactly the same requirement to run the query only when the user selects the tab instead of running all the queries when through start. Did you find a way to do it. Could you please share if you have...thanks!!

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

It seems there is no way to trigger events/actions from tab selections. However, you can try the following workaround to simulate the same effect:

[https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/iT0 |https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/iT0 ]

The approach taken is to replace the tab strip with a series of buttons in a form which then control the visibility of nested iViews and trigger the appropriate queries.

Regards,

Mustafa.