cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After DB patches R3trans fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

After appyling they patches for 7.6.05.15 found on sapmarket place R3trans fails to complete

4 ETW000 [dbsdbsql ,00000] *** ERROR => Connect to database failed, rc = -4008 (POS(1) Unknown user name/password combination)

4 ETW000 37 1.017060

4 ETW000 [dev trc ,00000] -> SetSapdbCA(errcode=4294963288) 15 1.017075

4 ETW000 [dev trc ,00000] -> freeConnection(con_hdl=0) 27 1.017102

4 ETW000 [dev trc ,00000] -> sdb_free(p=0x19e4c80, size=608 (921960 bytes allocated))

4 ETW000 125 1.017227

4 ETW000 [dev trc ,00000] -> sdb_free(p=0x19e8010, size=1672 (920272 bytes allocated))

4 ETW000 73 1.017300

4 ETW000 [dev trc ,00000] } DbSlSdbConnect(rc=99) 14 1.017314

4 ETW000 [dblink ,00431] ***LOG BY2=>sql error -4008 performing CON [dblink#3 @ 431]

{/code}

I feel the XUSER was corrupted.

I reran from the install.sh script the create db user file as root.

still no good.

Should the upgrade have messed with the XUSER stuff?

This is on the TEST DRIVE N4S instance,

Checked the user_getall setting looks good to me.

n4shost:n4sadm 148> dbmcli -U w user_getall

OK

control

bkdba

superdba

bkdba was added but not used.

I do have the backup just before upgrade to restore.

Bryan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bryan,

to change the .XUSER.62 entries use the tool xuser (replace placeholders with your values) like:

xuser -U default -u sap<sid>,<pass> -d <DBSID> -n <host> -s <schema e.g. SAPR3> -t 0 -I 0 set
xuser -U c -u control,<pass> -d <DBSID> -n <host> set
xuser -U w -u superdba,<pass> -d <DBSID> -n <host> set

don't forget to generate a copy of your .XUSER.62 before changing its content with xuser

Thanks,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lars, Hannes,

thanks for the replies I was able to fix the issues by restoring the DB back to the starting point of upgrade and making sure the correct Xuser files and passwords were all correct before starting the upgrade.

Every time I tried to update the password in db for sapn4s it claimed no user existed so I fewlt better by restoring and starting over,

The second time the upgrade ran fine with no issues and R3trans worked first time after upgrade.

Thanks for all the help I have expanded my knowledge of XUSER and how it works in MAXDB sap systems.

Regards Bryan

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bryan,

> After appyling they patches for 7.6.05.15 found on sapmarket place R3trans fails to complete

> 4 ETW000 [dbsdbsql ,00000] *** ERROR => Connect to database failed, rc = -4008 (POS(1) Unknown user name/password combination)

> I feel the XUSER was corrupted.

> Should the upgrade have messed with the XUSER stuff?

Hmm... rather unlikely. The XUSER-file does not even get touched during the upgrade.

> Checked the user_getall setting looks good to me.

> n4shost:n4sadm 148> dbmcli -U w user_getall

> OK

> control

> bkdba

> superdba

Ok, but user_getall returns the list of DBM-users, not the XUSER list.

> bkdba was added but not used.

Doesn't matter - you can add users as you like.

> I do have the backup just before upgrade to restore.

Not good, but not a problem right now.

All you've to do is to make sure that the XUSER entries are correct.

The SAP workprocesses always use the XUSER entry named 'DEFAULT' to connect to the database.

So use the xuser list command to get a list of all XUSER entries.

You should see a DEFAULT entry there.

Then try to create a sql-connection with this user.

E.g. like this:

dbmcli -U w -uSQL sap<sid>,<pw> 

I assume that the password for the sap<sid> user had been changed before, without adapting the XUSER entry as well.

Therefore, if the command above works without problem, just set the XUSER entry 'DEFAULT' to the correct password.

If not, you may have to change the password of sap<sid> first.

Since it looks like that the connect as 'SUPERDBA' (XUSER entry 'w') still works, this command should do that:

dbmcli -U w -USQL w sql_execute alter password sap<sid> <newpw>

Finish with setting the XUSER entry 'DEFAULT' correct and afterwards, the SAP workprocesses should be able to connect again.

Try and test it with 'R3trans -d' and review the 'trans.log' which will be created in the current folder.

regards,

Lars