cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDES Netweaver 2004s SR2 Installation Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to install BI 7.0 IDES with usage type AS ABAP, AS JAVA and EP Core.

After long ABAP import, there is a POPUP for DDIC password for Client 001 for RFC connection.

I tried the master password I entered, the common default password for DDIC, both not working.

I searched google and OSS notes and sdn.sap.com, didn't get other default password for DDIC,

Can anybody tell me:

1) Did you get this DDIC password popup during your BI SR2 installation with AS JAVA, EP Core

as well as AS ABAP?

2) What is the default password for DDIC for client 001?

(default password for DDIC in client 000 is the famous common one still.)

Thank you very much in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..............

i have same problem..can u please let me know how you had solved the same.

please reply as soon as possible.

Many thanx in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Me too getting the eror in same step and my Run ABAP reports phase is still to run. But i am able to login and I had changed DDIC password for 001 client in SU01.

Now i am getting the same error, kindly say me a solution to continue this installation to completion stage pls.

Thanks and regards,

Rakesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Was the Import ABAP phase completed?

Thanks

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Uday.

The ABAP import finished and the central instance actually started before

the DDIC password prompt popped up.

I can log into 000 with my master password. But the problem with 001

prevented installation to continue smoothly.

Thanks for asking.

former_member603052
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then try this

From Command Prompt--->Sqlplus /nolog

SQL> conn / as sysdba

SQL>delete from schemaowner.usr02 where bname='SAP' and mandt=100; (deletes sap in 100 if exists)

Now you can login with sap*/PASS to 100 client.

Before you also need to change the instance parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar to 0(zero) logging with 000 so that sap*/PASS is allowed.

Regards,

Kalyan

former_member603052
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you start up the instance, login to 001 client with sap* and change the password of DDIC. Now login with DDIC and change the initial password.

Now logoff and give the newly set password of DDIC in the installation screen and proceed installation.

This worked in my case.

If any problems exists,update here again.

Regards,

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Again, thanks for the response as well, Kalyan.

- First you start up the instance, login to 001 client with sap* and change the password of DDIC.

Do you remember which password did you use for SAP? In my situation, the SAP has the same

problem as DDIC. ( unless you used kernal SAP* )

I don't know whether SAP guys come here or not...I want to know what password they had put over

there.

I am also interested in know any patch they posted to solve the problem, if anybody know or talked

with them before.

Thanks.

former_member603052
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Start the instance and login with SAP* and try the default password 06071992.

Say what it says.

If it says password incorrect then you login to DB and try as below.

From Command Prompt--->Sqlplus /nolog

SQL> conn / as sysdba

SQL>delete from schemaowner.usr02 where bname='SAP' and mandt=000; (deletes sap in 000 if exists)

Now you can login with sap*/PASS to 000 client.

regards,

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To activate the emergency user (i.e. sap), you must set the login/no_automatic_user_sapstar profile parameter to the value 0. Once the value is changed you can login with sap and password pass

Hope this helps.

Manoj Chintawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kalyan for the prompt reply.

The problem lies in client 001. Both sap* and ddic has the wrong password...

Did you installed BI IDES SR2? I don't have problem with ERP 2005 / CRM 5.0 exports with

the same Installation Master, etc.

I want to know SAP's answer to the problem, which password, what patch, if anybody knows...

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj Chintawar,

Thanks for replying.

I know the tricks with sap* and it DID work for me as well. I want to know whether it applies

to other people as well, and why SAP has no response to the issue...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

In this step you should use the master password as per SAP.

Try with the default password 19920706 for DDIC in clienct 001 if the master password does not work.

Or try to unlock the user at the database level via sqlplus for client 001 and reset the password.

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response, Yoganand.

- Try with the default password 19920706 for DDIC in clienct 001 if the master password does not work.

Have you done the installation for BI IDES with NW2004s SR2? I mean, did you get the same problem

or not?

- Or try to unlock the user at the database level via sqlplus for client 001 and reset the password.

Could you please elaborate the steps for reseting the password at database level?