Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to delete user from a derived role !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are not able to delete the user from the derived role. We even tried to delete the role from the user master, but it does not get deleted. If we delete the user from the derived role, the user comes back after doing the user comparision. Can some one guide me on this.

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16

Former Member
0 Kudos

is the derived role part of a composite role ?

you can check this in PFCG --> give role name and click on where used.

0 Kudos

When i did the where used for this role, i found that this role is under another parent role. But when i checkd the parent role, there are no users assigned to it.

0 Kudos

when you look at the role assignment for the user, what color is this particular role ?

do to see a error message when you try to delete the role assignment ?

0 Kudos

The role that we have to delete from the user master comes in RED color. When we try and delete it, nothing happens !!!

0 Kudos

red means either the role was assigned as a part of composite role assignment or was assigned through org-structure. Do you use PPOMW to assign roles to users ? to verify, go to ppomw > user>search term and serch for the user

0 Kudos

I did search for the user in question in PPOMW and i did find the user !

0 Kudos

When i tried to delete the user from pfcg from the role, i got the following message -

"User added using Organizational Management or composite role"

"Delete the assignment?"

Thanks,

0 Kudos

You cannot delete the role assignment from PFCG.

You will have to remove it from ppomw. this should solve your issue.

0 Kudos

But i'm not getting any option to delete this role from the user master in PPOMW. It will be great if you can guide me on that. Moreove, will i be able to add the role back again to the same user ?

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Hi SG,

Please le tme know how can i delete it through ppomw.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

In ppomw, go to orginational unit--> structure and find a position under which this particular role is defined and underneth the same position you will find the user. you will have to delete the user assignemnt here to remove the role.

are you familiar with ppomw ? if not i would suggest that you be cautious as there are many dependencies or take help from some one who is familiar with ppomw.

0 Kudos

Thanks SG. I'm not familiar with ppomw. Any other ways to do this?

0 Kudos

You can delete roles to position assignment in PO13 or PFCG. It should be searchable on the forum.

0 Kudos

i would not suggest deleting roles to position assignment as this would impact every user assigned under that position.

N K please post more details. are there more users under that position ? do you want to remove roles for all users etc

0 Kudos

>

> i would not suggest deleting roles to position assignment as this would impact every user assigned under that position.

>

>

> N K please post more details. are there more users under that position ? do you want to remove roles for all users etc

This all depends if the position are done correctly. A position should not be shared by more than one person if configured the right way. Now if the role is assigned to an org then be very cautious.

Edited by: John Navarro on Feb 25, 2009 9:21 PM

0 Kudos

Hi SG,

The issue is that we are seeing the message in pfcg in this system ONLY. In all other systems, we are able to delete roles from user / delete users from roles normally. It is JUST this system which is not letting us do that. I do not know if there some config changed in this client because of which it is going to organization management or if we are missing something. How can i check what is different in this client as compared to our QAS and DEV Box?

We never assign positions to our users in any of the systems. But this system is behaving differently.

Thanks