cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a popup view in mobile application?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks, i need some help to do popup window in mobile application, i see that mobile don´t have a wdComponentAPI that is a controller of Web Dynpro JAVA, so what i´ll should do?

So, thats it

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronaldo,

You can use the WDL.ShowMessage API to create a pop up in mobile applications.

Let me know if you need any more info on this.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu!

So, this APi only create a window message only pass string message to this.

So i need to create a popup window with a view that i create previously, it´s same case to use the createDialog of the webDynpro.

Thanks for reply and i wait for your answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronaldo,

I suppose there is no such API for handheld applications.I have another suggestion.

You can also create another view (the popup view) and make it behave like a popup.

So, on an event handler of the first view, for ex click of a button, you fire the outbound plug of this view which is linked to the inbound plug of the popup view.This will bring up the popupview - the first view will be unloaded from memory.

In the popup view, on an event handler (for ex OK button), fire the outboundplug which is linked to inbound plug of first view.So the first view gets loaded when the Ok button is clicked.

To ensure that you dont loose the data on the first view, make sure that the controls on the view are bound to context attributes.

I hope this helps.Let me know if you have further queries.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit, thank you, but i thinking about it, but is requirement of my bussines to have a view "rendering" like as popup.

So i continue with my dubts...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronaldo,

Unfortunately, pop up are not supported in the application developed using Mobile Applications for

Hand held perspective.Loading pop up view along with the source view is expensive for the device resources and hence not supported.

However, you can simulate popup like behavior as I mentioned earlier.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit!

Unfortunately it´s impossible but... exist alternative to do.

Thanks a lot!

Answers (0)