cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maintenance view- package in another system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all!

I'm trying to create a maintenance view for a Z table, but i can not do it because i get an error message that says: "The original of the table development class YMMI is in DEV". YMMI is the package, but DEV is not the development system of this client, but the one of another client, where data comes from (i think there was a kind of transport). In table attributes, it says: Package: YMMI, but i am not allowed to change this. SAP version is 4.6 C.

To do this, i go to se11, enter table name, then modify, and then utilities--> table maintenance genarator.

(This version doesn't have the part Delivery and maintenance). The same occurs when entering from SE54.

Please give me an idea!!

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I went to se11, create a new maintenance view, and then established a relation between this view and the proper table.

The only thing, is that now, in sm30, field names appear with "+" instead of the name. It is happening for almost all fields, it is just showing 3 names. The view is working fine (it loads data in table) but you have to guess which field you are filling

saranwin
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey maitas,

You check the Display and Maintenance table whethere is the is maintainable or Maintenace Not allowed. If the option is Display/Maintenance Display/Maintenance Allowed with Restrictions or you can create the maintenance view otherwise you cannot create.

Regards,

Saravanan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan, the check box Table maintenance allowed is activated. I'd like to find the way to ignore that error ("The original of the table develoment class YMMI is in DEV") I can not enter DEV system and create maintenance view there, I think it would work in that way, but DEV system is now independent from this one, maybe they don't want to have a maintenance view, do you understand?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Change the object directory entry with se03.

Gr., Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

delete the old table maintenance and create new table maintenance and save it your package.