cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Device Setup/Transport for Front End using SWINCF & Access Method G:?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm attempting to set up our environments for front end printing using a Z version of the SWINCF device type and Access Method G. I'm at a disadvantage because our development environment was set up with same by a predecessor. I created a transport for the properly configured "Local" device using ZSWINCF and Access method G. Everything works fine in development. When I transported this to our QA environment and try to print with this device it calls SAPLPD and the windows print dialog doesn't launch. It looks like some other part of the configuration beyond the device configuration itself is missing. I'm guessing either the transport of the local device didn't do everything needed to print using access method G, or Access Method G: itself hasn't been added beyond our development environment. Even though the device looks fine and set up for G: it's as though it is still using F:. When I run report RSPO0075 it shows G: there and ready to be added but this doesn't tell me current state. Is there somewhere I can look to see if it's been enabled? I'd like to understand that because I can't just go making changes in our QA environment.

Any insights are greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Doug

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Doug

Once you have transported it is not the end of job. You have to follow some steps that you have done in Development while creating the Z version. You might have exported and imported some .PRI file in development the same you have to do in quality also. Then you will get the output what ever you are getting in development. Pl. let me know what you have done in development so that i can suggest u further.

Kiran