cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Processing in SAP EM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have couple of EPC tags and related information that was passed from SAP AII to SAP EM. But for some reason they have failed in SAP EM shown in SLG1 transaction, and because of this they did not make it to the database table (Z table).

Now i want to re-process the error with different attributes like Date, time etc... what is the way to reprocess this error in SPA EM.

Can you please tell me the steps to reprocess the error so that i can have these EPC tags and related information stored in the database.

Thanks,

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Please let me know what is the SAP EM error log showing you. Why was the message not processed?

Please let me know the log statement,so that i can figure out what can be the root of the problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

the cause can be any thing like "Message not processed; ZLOAD_C date (17.09.2008 10:27:34) < start date (17.09.2008 10:27:34) or > end date ()" or event handler getting locked.

after i find the root cause, i would try to avoid this in the future... but what about the error messages that are already in the log. is there a way to resend or reprocess them within the AII or EM ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

Apologies for late replies.

There are two types of problems you are facing i guess:

1) The event messages for which errrors are rising up in SAP EM - I dont know how this will be reprocessed accept manually sending the messages again. I guess there is also a way in SAP EM wherein event message can be send. In AII auto-id test tool.

2) The event messages for event handler has been locked: The message for which event handler has been locked can be reprocessed. SAP Easy Access --> SAP Menu --> Event Management --> Administration --> Processing Control --> Process Messages for Locked Event Handler.

T-Code --> /SAPTRX/LOCKED_PROC

I will get back to you as soon as possible if i have any inputs soon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Thanks for your inputs. I am still looking for the closer solution.

You are right we need to manually process the messages, but you are aware that we use an RFC (not XI) to send the data from AII to EM, so RFC doesnot hold the data in database. So if i try to send the same events again from the .NET side i will have the current date and time. But i want the same message to be re-processed for the same dates and times which it had failed.

So did you ever came across something like this??? The only solution i see is take the backup of the ALE messages (with same date and time) and put it back into the queue so that it processes again. Not sure how the code reacts to the messages with older date and time.

Anymore inputs from are welcome. I appriciate your help so far.

Thanks for the help!

Thanks,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

The event date & time is always the one which is there in the XML. The event processing time may be different from the event time as AII or EM will process the event at later time.

So the system considers the event date time from XML which the system processing time will be stored as the update time in the system.

I hope I am clear.

regards,

Amit Deshpande

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit thanks for the answer looks like we are getting closer to the solution.Yes when you reporcess the error the date and time will be picked from the XML messages which will be the actual dates and not the reprocessed dates.

Now my question is where do we fetch the XML messages from. In my current application the messages from the queue get refreshed after every 3 days. So do we need to store all the xml messages? Have you encountered something like this where we need to store the messages folwing through the Q ?

I apprceiate your help on this.

Thanks,

Naveen