cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

its not clear for me... does PI only support document/literal soap messages for receiver (PI->3rd party) interfaces ?

It seems it handles WSDL in RPC (it can import them ! as stated in sap help) but I think it only handles document/literal messages. So it imports the WSDL, can call the operation but can't handle the results without custom programming by the client...

Here is what is in the help :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/43/ce993b45cb0a85e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

In particular , this sentence has struck me :

The Integration Builder expects external messages in document-style format.

Does anyone have a clear , definite answer to this !

Thanks.

Edited by: Thierry Dagnino on Feb 24, 2009 11:58 AM

Edited by: Thierry Dagnino on Feb 24, 2009 11:59 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Definite Answer : YES

You need to follow certain pre-requisites when you use RPC, as mentioned in the link

you can still import WSDL documents in rpc-style format. The Integration Builder converts such documents into an equivalent WSDL document in document-style format

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to be sure I understand your answer...

SOAP messages have to be in document/literal ?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, check this note 856597 Question 8.

The styles represent the XI Payload

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again for your reply,

this note also is not complete in its explanations :

Basicaly it says :

You can import RPC style wsdl but you must make sure your proxy sends out the right format soap message...

PI really works with document style wsdl internaly... but this does not affect the sending of soap messages.

For example : we we're able with the axis soap adapter to send a rpc style message out to the third party and we received the full rpc style response.

The problem seems to be ... the rest of PI : mapping etc... does not work with that format. Maybe if you are really really lucky.

Could SAP just write somewhere that PI just works with document/literal messages and if you use RPC style messages, there are high chances your stuff wont work.

Thanks.

Answers (0)