cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLAT file Processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a scenation where i need to read an IDOC.txt into PI using file adapter and then apply XSLT mapping on it to convert it into X12.xml.

I have created the XSLT mapping which accepts the flat text file as input but not sure how to bring this file as an input to the interface so that i could apply XSLT mapping on it to convert it into xml.

Can any body please suggest? Any help will be highly appriciated.

Thanks

-Kulwant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Kulwant,

Check out these blogs to check the steps for creating the MI and XSLT mapping : /people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/12/22/file-to-multiple-idocs-xslt-mapping

/people/aashish.sinha/blog/2008/01/17/step-150-by-150-step-simple-approach-for-xslt-mapping

Thanks,

Pooja pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pooja,

Thanks for the quick reply. May be i need to explain the scenario little bit to get more info.

I have to capture IDOC coming in from partner and then covert it into X12 xml and then process. I have created the XSLT mapping using Stylus studio to convert IDOC to X12 format XML.

This mapping expects the flat txt file as input.

Now I am not sure how to bring this file as an input to PI so that i could apply this XSLT mapping on it to convert it into X12 format xml.

Can you help?

Thanks

-Kulwant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use file sender adapter without using FCC, the flat file will be passed into integration engine as it is.

Then in your interface mapping, apply your XSLT mapping program.

Regards

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please mention who is expecting X12 format.

Receive the flat file read as a stream in mapping and do the final conversion and send it to destination.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Liang, Solved my problem

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just select the protocol as File instead of File Content Conversion.