cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web dynpro developement works with SAPGUI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a developer working most of my time in 4.6C. Recently i started to upgrade myself. I have studied about web dynpro and came to know that All of business suite developement is done in Web dynpro, be it java or abap.

My question here is once a web dynpro is developed independent of whether it is developed in ABAP or JAVA, will work in all defferent forms of ui : sapgui, webgui, etc?

Put in other words, does business suite developed in web dynpro be accessable via a normal SAPgui?

Regards,

harikrishna.

Edited by: harikrishna indugu on Feb 24, 2009 4:04 PM

Edited by: harikrishna indugu on Feb 24, 2009 4:04 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Put in other words, does business suite developed in web dynpro be accessable via a normal SAPgui?

Not directly, no. Web Dynpro generally runs in a web browser - like IE or Firefox. It generates HTML and JavaScript that is interpreted by the browser.

The SAPGUI runs on the SAP specific DIAG and RFC protocols. Therefore only List processing and classic dynpro run natively in the SAPGUI. There are a few ways to make Web Dynpro look like it is running in the SAPGUI, but they just use the SAPGUI HTML control to run a browser in-place within the SAPGUI. The Web Dynpro application is still hosted within a browser.

We do have the NetWeaver Business Client. This is a desktop application that allows Web Dynpro and Classic SAPGUI transactions to run more seemlessly side by side. However the rendering of the Web Dynpro applications remains completely separate from the way the SAPGUI works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you want more informations on how to run Web Dynpro Applications over SAPGUI using the HTML Control take a look at these two blogs:

[Web Dynpro: Running Web Dynpro Applications over SAPGUI using the HTML Control|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/10083] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

[Web Dynpro: Running Web Dynpro Applications over SAPGUI|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/10053] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the clarifications. i may sound like a stupid but does this mean we cannot use ABAP editor ( SE38,etc ) to code ABAP webdynpro?

Rgds,

Harikrishna.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You use SE80 to create Web Dynpro ABAP Applications. There are new tools and designers integrated in SE80 specific to WDA. When you test the application, however, it launches a browser window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This leads me to a fundamental question:

For a client running ERP 6.0 for his application, a business user should have both sapgui ( For ECC applications like PP/MM/SD ) and portal/business client for SCM/CRM/SRM/HCM etc? Isn't it ridiculous business user need to know how to use both???

Thanks,

Harikrishna Indugu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not necessary that, a business user should know both.

After integrating the SAP Applications into portal, the end user will use only portal for his work.

He will not use the backend SAP GUI. Here the backend is meant for administrations purpose only.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Naresh

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> This leads me to a fundamental question:

>

> For a client running ERP 6.0 for his application, a business user should have both sapgui ( For ECC applications like PP/MM/SD ) and portal/business client for SCM/CRM/SRM/HCM etc? Isn't it ridiculous business user need to know how to use both???

>

> Thanks,

> Harikrishna Indugu.

This is where the NetWeaver Business Client has its best use case - when combining legacy SAPGUI transactions with newer Web Dynrpo ones. Like the portal, the two types of transactions are ran within the same navigation frame. However because the NWBC is a desktop application, the technical integration of the SAPGUI is much more efficient. You get easy navigation between SAPGUI and Web Dynpro screens.

Answers (0)