cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am very new to WDA. My scenario is to implement search help. I am going to fetch the key field and text field . For eg: Take country id and country text from the RFC. Now i want to populate the key and text field in a input field. I am unable to get enough details to implement this from the threads. Could anyone can give me a step by step procedure to implement this. Could you please say what are all the various types of search helps available.

Thanks,

Hari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You can read about the different types of input helps from the online help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/9b298c66eb3376e10000000a421937/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your quick response. I am a beginner. I am unable to find a perfect material to implement the search help. Is there any material available?

Thanks,

Hari

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Well the link to the online help is pretty robust in this area. A complete reading should give you a good foundation. You need to decide what kind of value help you need. Reusing a data dictionary search help is almost certainly the easiest approach and requires little to no effort on your part. You simply define your context with reference to the DDic structure and any value help association definted there will be reused in WDA. It is such a simple process, you won't find many how-to guides on it. The online help pretty much covers it all.

Now if you think you need OVS or Freely Programmed Value help, you search search for tutorials on those specific subjects. There are some available here on SDN. But as I said you should first read the basics to determine which value help type you even need.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Thomas i will first read that document first. Thanks for your response. A small suggestion, As search help is a very basic one and must needed one in the projects, if there was any blogs regarding to implement this means beginners like us can get into it quickly.

Thanks,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

You can refer this blog for OVS Search Help .

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/9502. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

It is very useful. For other search help refer the link given by thomas.

Also have a look at this blog.

/people/koen.labie2/blog/2006/11/17/custom-f4-functionality-in-webdynpro-for-abap

Thanx.

Answers (0)