cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP truncating user ID to 15 characters in 5.3.05

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We are implementing GRC Access Control 5.3 ( + SP05). The user authentication and the data source for CUP is LDAP (AD). The LDAP user ID is 23 characters long. But when we do the field mapping and try to login with the network ID (23 characters), I am getting AuthenticationFailureException -

com.virsa.ae.service.umi.AuthenticationFailureException: User does not exist in LDAP_XX.

In the log file, we see that the user Id (20 char) is truncated to 15 characters. I believe the user Id limitation was existing in 5.2. Does this issue still exist?

Has anyone come across this 15 character limitation in 5.3.05

Appreciate your thoughts..

Thanks

Kee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Kee. This issue still exists and it was never fixed.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alpesh.

FYI - I opened a OSS note with SAP on this. It seems that SAP will be providing a fix for the 15 character limitaton issue in SP07, which is scheduled for release on Mar 20th 2009.

Thanks

Kee

0 Kudos

Kee,

This will probably not benefit you much since you are currently on release 5.3, but may help someone else out there. My current client encountered this same issue. It precluded us from upgrading to 5.3 It was fixed for 5.2SP11. The character limitation went up from 15 to 40 characters.

Answers (0)