cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling failed with SXPG_COMMAND_EXECUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

From last 2 days onwards my Backup is getting Scheduling Failed error, i have checked in Job log its showing the below message.

SXPG_COMMAND_EXECUTE failed for BRARCHIVE - Reason: x_error

Job cancelled after system exception ERROR_MESSAGE

also i have checked at os level in sapackup directory log it showing that

"Execution of BRARCHIVE finished with return code 3"

So What could be the reason i am getting this message and help me needfully

Regards

Chandra B.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to All participiants,

I have solved this problem, by editing secinfo.DAT file

Regards

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using a secinfo file (see SAP note 110612)? The authorization error for SAPXPG usually comes from there.

If you do indeed use a secinfo file, is it possible you have the problem of note 1173528?

Rgds,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Yes i am maintaining details in secinfo file for other activity, i have maintained details as per you given the snotes, but still getting same error, is it require restart the server after editing secinfo file?

Edited by: Chandra B. on Feb 26, 2009 4:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

I assumed the settings would take effect immediately, but if it is possible for you, you might want to restart the instance anyway.

To check the behaviour of the gateway:

- Transaction SMGW

- Goto -> Trace -> Gateway -> Increase Level

- Run your external command test again

- SMGW -> Goto -> Trace -> Gateway -> Display file

- Look for recent lines that begin with the token "GwICheckSecInfo". These show the evaluation logic the gateway followed when checking the secinfo

Keep me informed,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is some more info.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/EN/fa/0971fb543b11d1898e0000e8322d00/content.htm]

Hope this helps.

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your CI & DB are on different host then first check SAPXPG destination is working fine or not using tcode SM59.(TCP/IP-->SAPXPG_DBDEST_<DBHOSTNAME>.). If it is failing the update the rfc destination with correct inputs & check.

If you have scheduled your Archival backup using DB13 then this issue occurs(mosty after 30-40 days later after scheduling) If you schedule this form OS level this issue wont come. I have came across same issue & I tried by deleting old job & scheduled it again with DB13 & cds option.

Please try the same & let us know.

Thanks

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

i have checked in the SM59 SAPXPG_DBDEST_<DBHOSTNAME> this entry is avialable but when i am checking connection test its giving this error

"ERROR: user DDIC is not authorized to start TP sapxpg on host I3LSERVSAP1"

even i am checking with other user id also getting same error.

after deleting log entries in DB13 then executing archive backup getting same error.

Edited by: Chandra B. on Feb 25, 2009 1:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check SAP note 446172.

Regards,

Sachin Rane.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check in directory /oracle/SID/saparch

check for the brarchive run that failed and check its contents to get an idea why it failed.

if there are no logs, check ST22 and SM21 for more info.

if you scheduled this through DB13, check logs of that failed job over there too.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the SAPXPG_DBDEST_SID connection SM59, that it is working or not. If you execute from DB13 then this RFC connection should work.

Regards

Subhash

Edited by: Subhash Chandra on Feb 24, 2009 3:37 PM