cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Trex index Archive link data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm setting up Archive link for invoices but I havenu2019t found a god way to search for the documents that I have archived. I usually work with SAP DMS and in the DMS there are good search capabilities.

I have tried the transaction OA_FIND but I don't feel that it satisfies the need my customer has.

I have set up TREX indexing for the DMS content server. Would it be possible to do this for the Archive link repository?

Would it also be possible to set up meta data for the archived document? It would be nice to be able to search for e.g. Payer or material.

Best Regards,

Kristoffer P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

It's been a while since I looked at this but I could never sort it out. I gave up but I hope that someone will find the answer and hopefully they answer this thread. I got stuck on the Document Class that you have to set when you start indexing in SKPR07. I couldn't create this Document class and I still don't know where you set it up in the IMG. I guess that if you succeed in creating the Document class for the Archive link then you can start the Indexing. An alternative would be if you could find a way to index the repository without using SKPR07.

Kind Regards,

Kristoffer Pehrson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are storing the archlink documents on content server I think TREX will be able to search in those documents.

You also need to activate indexing for archlink and create index for document area archlink.

Anirudh,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, and thank you for your reply!

I store the archive link (AL) data on a content server.

The question is how I activate the AL content server for indexing. I have done it for the DMS but not for this content server.

I have tried to index the content server but I can't find any Document Class (DC). When I index the DMS I index DC DMS_PCD1. But in AL DC meens something totally different. In AL DC is PDF or OTF.

Do I need to create a DC for AL and can I use SKPR07 to index the content server?

Please give me some more info regarding the actual config steps.

Regards,

Kristoffer P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The question is how I activate the AL content server for indexing. -

Use SKPR06 to activate it.

Do I need to create a DC for AL

No, most likely it is already present as it is required to be used to create content repository in content server.

and can I use SKPR07 to index the content server?

Yes, use DC as AL

In AL DC is PDF or OTF.

PDF files are supported.

Let us know how it goes.

Anirudh,

Kristoff - Please award if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The question is how I activate the AL content server for indexing. -

Use SKPR06 to activate it. - I have allready activated the Document Area in SKPR06 but do I have to do anything else?

Do I need to create a DC for AL

No, most likely it is already present as it is required to be used to create content repository in content server. - I can't find any DC for the Archive link. I don't know how to create an index in SKPR07 without an DC.

and can I use SKPR07 to index the content server?

Yes, use DC as AL - Don't have a DC. Where do I create a DC for the Archive link?

In AL DC is PDF or OTF.

PDF files are supported.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any success story on this? I use TREX a lot but did not try on archived data yet.

Thanks!

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am facing the same problem ... 5 years after you 🙂 did you find a solution at the end?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kristoffer

You can use trex for archive data also i think.

Plz go through the following link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/72/b595166625664fbdc110d54639f27b/frameset.htm

in that file formats supported by TREX.

Regards

Prasad