Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS 7.0 deletes method content and Imports

kai_unewisse3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have a NWDS 7.0 and i have an issue when i develop WDJ Components.

The symptom is that after saving or closing the class i was working on, the import statements disappears (using Organize Imports or Add import),

From time to time the code between the @start and @end vanishes without a trace, which is not really helpful when programming...

I also have the issue that when i use the outline view to jump to one method, i just see this method at all (everything else is not visible).

I already switched from SP16 to 18 and reinstalled my JVM 1.4.

Any ideas ?

Regards,

Kai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kai

1.Uninstall the studio completely form the system also delete the Instances from location "C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE" .

2. Now install the from the same setup which u have.

3.Check the compatibility with NWDS and JVM thats it.(Actually here JVM is not culprit but some plugins are ,simply we can studio is corrupt )

Let see

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

kai_unewisse3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The issue is not showing off anymore.

Closing this thread.

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

If you getting this issue only with one controller, probably your UCA delimiters are damaged.

If you are getting this issue with all the controller, you are typing your code outside UCAs.

Please refer to this wiki page to have more understanding about Web Dynpro Controller Editor:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDJava/WebDynproController+Editor

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kai

As you said you switched from SP16 to 18,So it might some plugins under C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\CE\eclipse\plugins got corrupted.

If you don't want to uninstall so take these complete set of plugins from some other system (from your team) and replace all the plugins, in this way problem will be solved.

else already suggested to reinstall the IDE.

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

sanyev
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

Is this happening for only one Webdynpro Project or does it happen for all your projects? If it is just for one of your project then make sure that //@@begin and //@@end are there for all the methods. Even

//@@begin others //@@end should be there at the end. Delete anything that is there in the "content of obsolete user coding area(s)". Usually Webdynpro behaves strangely when one of the being or end tag goes missing.

If this happens for all your projects then it should be an IDE problem. Try reinstalling the IDE.

Regards,

Sanyev

kai_unewisse3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanyev,

this happens to my Webdynpro Projects, no other projects have this issue.

Kai

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kai

As you said you switched from SP16 to 18,So it might some plugins under C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\CE\eclipse\plugins got corrupted.

If you don't want to uninstall so take these complete set of plugins from some other system (from your team) and replace all the plugins, in this way problem will be solved.

else already suggested to reinstall the IDE.

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

sanyev
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

If it is happening to your Webdynpro Project only then double check all the //@@begin and //@@end tags are there in all your controllers and views.

You can also Sync the project on a different workspace and see if that is happening there also.

Best way is to sync the project on a different machine (friend machine) and see if the problem is happening there also. Just to see if this is an IDE plugin problem.

Regards,

Sanyev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

Since you have upgraded your IDE, the eclipse metadata might be corrupted. Delete the metadata folder in your workspace & restart the IDE.

After upgrade, it is recommended to start the IDE in a fresh new workspace.

Kind Regards,

Nitin

PS: Organize Imports removes the redundant imports, I assume there are no compile errors, it is fine then.

Also, verify you are not coding in the generated java classes (which will be over-written after build), you need to do the coding under Implementation tab of the controller.

Edited by: Nitin Jain on Feb 25, 2009 7:14 AM