cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup source of user accounts for WD application.

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

I've got a WD application with "authentificate=true" option deployed on server. User source data for this server is "Database only". I need that WD application should use user accouns from ABAP instance. Is it possible to setup this and only this application for using user accounts from ABAP instance without changing user source data for whole java-instance?

regards, Lev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your application is running in the portal if you set authentication = "true" then you wont be able to do this.

Why not create a JCo with User/id password and use this to connect to the backend.

Disable this view from users who are not supposed to view this by using roles in portal.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Ayyapparaj!

No, application will be run standalone. If I understand you properly, you propose to do my own login screen which will be using RFC to call backend FM for check login/password since this is only way to achieve my aim.

regards, Lev

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lev

Ya it is possible,look

1.In WD authentificate=true gives access to use local system (J2ee Server).

2.For this case some other system (R/3) come into picture as CUA(Central User Administration).use have to call RFC l with definition of the system where user exists.

Check this

A. [Remote Function Call|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/05/02cbfa1c2f184eaa6ba151d1aaf4fe/frameset.htm]

B.[how to call RFC!!!|;

Let us know for further details

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

Can you describe #2 more detailed?

regards, Lev