cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange issue...sales order is not getting deleted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I had created contract , with ref to contract i had created sales order with ref to sales order i i had created billing document which is not posted to accounts, then i cancelled the billing document .. when i am trying to delete the sales order system is not allowing me to delete the sales order . when i check the message it is telling This document cannot be deleted

Message no. V1006

Diagnosis

The document cannot be completely deleted because further processing has already taken place or the document item does not permit deletion of the document.

Procedure

Display the document flow to see which subsequent documents have already been created.

You can attempt first of all to delete all the subsequent documents and then delete the current document.

If it is not possible to delete all subsequent documents, you can still enter a reason for rejection for all items to prevent any further references or deliveries being made.

the above message i am getting if i am manually deleting line items in the sales order it is giving :Item 000010 cannot be deleted because of subsequent document 90000179( cancelled document).

why is this happening.. why system is looking after cancelled document as a subsequent document kindly do the needful.

Regards

abhi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not possible to delete a sales order or even a sales order line if any subsequent document exist for that order or line. This is necessary to preserve the data integrity in the system.

The invoices cannot be deleted. When an invoice has been cancelled, normally a new document (cancellation) is created. Both of these documents have a link back to the sales order in the database, therefore SAP will not allow to delete the order.

P.S. This question has already been answered numerous times on SDN, please use Search before posting.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

done

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

thanks for your inputs.... but i had created Sales order with ref to contract.....what i must have to do.. should i have to cancel / block the sales order with giving reason for rejection . if it is so then again i must have to create new contarct and do sales order with ref the new contarct.

kindly let me know what i must have o do with the old contract which is created .

regards

abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

as the others said, better to reject or cancel the sales order but do not delete it.

in your case, the order can be deleted if all other subsequent documents have been cancelled (as in billing), deleted (as in delivery) or reversed (as in post goods issue). if another order type is the subsequent document you could try rejecting it.

among many other reasons, a possibly very important reason not to delete orders is that many reports listing sales orders may malfunction if it detects gaps in the sales order numbering. it has happened to us.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

u can cancel the sales order but u can't delete it completely from data base.

regards,

sadanandam kasarla

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to VA02, input the sale order reference and check the document flow. I feel still some subsequent document is there for that sale order

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi

As the subsequent documents are already created , it is not possible to delete the sales order. So instead of deleting put a reason for rejection for that sales order.

But if you want to delete the sales order , before that you should delete the subsequent documents

Regards

Srinath