Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users first log in --> SAP Menu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts ,

at the moment we're doing an roll out in Eastern Europe so I have to create a lot of new users, the problem is that most of our roles' menus arent translated yet into those languages which might cause confusion on the user side, so I want the user to see the SAP Menu as standard when first logging in.

Of course in su01 I can select which SAP Menu the user has as default, but when first logging in the users sees the user menu anyway.

Could anyone tell me if there's a possibility to change this?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you search the forum for SSM_CUST you'll see several posts about the relevant customizing switches.

7 REPLIES 7

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you search the forum for SSM_CUST you'll see several posts about the relevant customizing switches.

0 Kudos

Hi, thank you so far, but as far as I know in SSM_CUST/USER_SSM it is only possible to completely disable the menu, I just simly want the user to see the SAP Menu at his first login

0 Kudos

What about SSM2.

0 Kudos

Hey thank you, seems as if this wasn't changed at our las release upgrade.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys, I'm sorry but this doesn't work as I told you hastly. Maybe I've copied old office data when deleting my test-user, now I've tried with a new one and it is the same as before:

I've made the following:

- Change SSM2 from DEFAULT to S000

- create a new user Test01 with S000 as standard menü

- Added a standard role to users profile

--> at first log on only the role's profile is shown as user menu.

Have I've done something wrong?

0 Kudos

Another possibility to explore is to create a new area menu based on a copy of the SAP standard menu. If you assign that new menu as a default instead of S000 it may solve your issue.

0 Kudos

Hi Werner,

if you create a new user from scratch and assign roles, the user will get the user menu desplayed at first login.

Another thing is, if you copy the new user from an existing one. Then it depends, what this existing user has set.

So what to do:

create a draft user, from which you create new users by copying this draft. Login with the draft user and switch his setting to SAP-menu.

When copying the draft, make sure, that the checkbox 'SAP Easy Access Settings' is checked (its checked by default). Done. The new users will get the sap menu at first login.

If you don't want to use this workaround, you can force the display of the SAP menu by setting a table entry for the new user manually.

The setting is stored in table AGR_DATEU, Key MEN_FLG_STAT-->Attributes S(=SAP menu), T(=User menu).

b.rgds,

Bernhard