cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error creating follow on document for SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are on SRM 5.5 and we are facing issue with Shopping cart transfer. We are in classic scenario.

We are transferring PR from R/3 (ECC 6.0) to SRM via BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER program and this would create SC in SRM and would appear in Sourcing cockpit also.

But what is happening in the system is wierd behaviour for "free text" shopping cart it is working fine but when we create PR with Material master or Material Master with Cost center. some times it appears in sourcing cockpit and sometimes not.

After analyzing i came to know that although for those carts not appearing in sourcing cockpit have actually created SC in SRM system and when i went to see RZ20 i got to see

"Local Errors" Shopping cart xxxxxx: Error creating the follow on document.

This is coming from message class : BBP_PU , Message no. 367.

Pls let me know urgently if anybody is aware of this problem.

Regards

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, I say BAPI even though it is a FM....BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER. You should be able to debug it and look at the IV_RESULT for better error messages. OR if you go deeper debig IT_RETURN from call of BBP_BC_EXTREQ_INB.

Regards, Dean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The Problem is resolved.

The reason could be the it tries to create Reservation if the ordered qty is covered as per the stock qty of the material .

If the ordered qty is more then the material qty in stock then it would create PR ie SC in SRM and would appear in sourcing cockpit.

Regards

Ashish

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I find that those errors are usually caused by configuration/data set-up issues. You say that this is mostly caused when transfering Material to SRM..... have you checked material group replication, G/L Account defaults for Material Group and similar settings?

Regards, Dean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I checked Material is existing in SRM , Material group is existing and Mat grp G/L setting is maintained .

Surprising thing is for the same mat grp sometimes it is going in sourcing cockpit and sometimes not.

For Free text material it works perfectly no errors.

For the info we are on SP 11.

Regards

Ashish

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, you might have to do what I resort to.... debugging the BAPI. Sometimes those error messages are so generic that it make it impossible without debugging.

I know that this is not what you wanted to hear, but sometimes that is what I have to do to figure out those types of error messages.

Regards, Dean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell me the name of BAPI ?

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Isn't BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER the BAPI that is being used to create the S/C in SRM from R/3? Or did I just miss the boat entirely?

Regards, Dean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its SE 38 program