Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade of JDBC driver

vijay_kumar133
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

As of now i am using jdbc driver and it is working very fine for ms-sql-2005.

Now new system has come into landscape ms-sql-2008 64bit os.

now my comunication channel showing error need to upgrade my jdbc driver.

So please help me how i need to upgrade. If i do any upgrade there will be any effect for the present comunication channel which are working.. to ovide this what we need to take care.. i have gon through this document. but is this same we need to do for sap-pi-7.0

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f04ce027-934d-2a10-5a8f-fa0b1ed4...

Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can don't pay attention to this requirement. Use SDM GUI (Software Deployment Manager) on XI server as mention in guide above.

BR,

Dzmitry

vijay_kumar133
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per document i have done the deployment now all the channels which are working for ms-sql2005 are throughing errors..the error is

Error when attempting to get processing resources: com.sap.aii.af.service.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:sqlserver://xxxxxxxx:1433;databaseName=yyyyy': UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/microsoft/sqlserver/jdbc/SQLServerDriver (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)

So now what we can do again redeploy the old file or any other option.

there might me new driver class and url format for sqlserver 2008.. if nay one knows that please share that. as rite now i am using..

Driver class: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc. SQLServerDriver

URL :jdbc:sqlserver://<db_Server>:port;databaseName=< db_name>

Regards

Vijay

Edited by: vijay Kumar on Feb 24, 2009 8:34 PM

Edited by: vijay Kumar on Feb 24, 2009 8:36 PM

vijay_kumar133
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I am facing issue in communication channel to connect sql server 2008 if any one had done this interface to sql server 2008 please let me know drivers which you used. I am using PI 7.0 and java 1.4.2_xx and sql driver 1.2 ; even though i am facing the same problem...

Only problem i can see is there is driver 2.0 but it requires java 1.5 and above but sap is not recommending to upgrade to 1.5 from 1.4... is there any alternative for this...

Please suggest any one ..ASAP

Regards

Vijay Kumar.

Edited by: vijay Kumar on Feb 28, 2009 7:06 AM

vijay_kumar133
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Resolved the issue.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please share how you solved the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

Can you please share how u solved this problem,

I am faced with the same issue

Edited by: Yonela on Aug 31, 2010 1:33 PM

Edited by: Yonela on Aug 31, 2010 1:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, to resolve your issue you only need to install JDBC driver for 64bit OS.

New version of installation document is now available.

External Driver Configuration for Process Integration 7.0

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60237e74-ef19-2b10-5a9b-b35cc6a2...

BR,

Dzmitry

vijay_kumar133
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Here is the link which i used for downlaode..

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=f914793a-6fb4-475f-9537-b8fc...

but here it is saying we need to have Java Development Kit: 5.0 or later

but pi7.0 works on java 1.4.02....

then is this will effect while deploying...

Regards

Vijay

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

What has happened is that your existing jdbc drivers will not work either because of version difference or because they are meant for 32 bit machines. You will have to install jdbc drivers for 64 bit and using SAP ADM deploy them on the server. Nothing will be affected and there is no need to worry.

The document that you have mentioned is the correct one.

Rgds

joel