cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in passing data from 1 screen to another using BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i am new to the SRM, i am facing problem in passing data from one screen to another.

my requirement is that when we select one shopping cart and press the PROPOSE SOURCES OF SUPPLY button, we will fetch all the contracts that are attached to the shopping cart.

we have implemented a BADI implementation of BBP_SOS_BADI (method BBP_SOS_CHECK) for passing some changed values to the contracts of the shopping cart into the popup screen that is displayed when we press PROPOSE SOURCES OF SUPPLY button and when we select any contract and press ASSIGN ONLY button in the popup screen the badi BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI is triggered.

i have implemented another BADI implementation of BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI for fetching the selected contract and pass the values to another screen, but the problem is that when we select one contract and press the assign only button we are fetching the wrong contract number ( that is in the BADI method BB_SC_CHANGE parameter IT_ITEM we are fetching the wrong contract), if we again do the same procedure for the second time we are getting the correct contract.

i am unable to understand why we are getting the wrong contract in the first time( that is we are getting contract other than the selected one).

as per my understanding i think when we are passing data to the popup screen using BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI we are not updating the shopping cart with the changed data.

can anyone tell me how we can update the SHOPPING CART with the changed contracts data, i have used BBP_PD_SC_UPDATE, BBP_PD_SC_SAVE and other shopping cart FM but nothing is happening.

Thanks

Tanveer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

What version of SRM are you on? Have you check for OSS Notes? I have had trouble with BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI but it was because of other issues. The BADI works pretty well and it is called almost every time something happens to the shopping cart.

I have noticed that sometimes that values are not changed til the second calling of the BADI. I have yet understand why but I think it has to do with prompt processing. Usually, we train our requisitioners to click the 'Check' button to flush things out.

I don't know if I was helpful.... another thought.... could there be an error caught by BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI that is preventing change in BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI?

Regards, Dean.