cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cproject: program that can create new project from template: role handling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys ....

i'm trying to create a project using 'BAPI' function.

i'm able to create a project by copy from a choosen template (CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_BUS2172_COPY'

).

i'm able to change the project attributes and the attributes of each phase or task of the project (CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_BUS2172_CHANGE' ....).

Here it is the new question:

In the template that i use to create the new project, i defined three types of roles (let's say ROLE_A,ROLE_B, ROLE_C). I wold like to handle these roles in my program.... for example, when i create a new project, i would like to assign a certain business partener BP_1 to the role ROLE_A , two business partnes BP_2 and BP_2 to the role ROLE_B ad so on ...

Can anyone help me ?

thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabrizio,

You can use BAPI 'BAPI_BUS2177_STAFFING_ADD' in your program to add one or several resources to a role.

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

i'have already seen this bapi before posting ........ but i did not know hot to obtain the PROJECTROLE_GUID associated to a choosen project or phase or task ....

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved:

only one bp for role is ammitted !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Supplementary question:

i'm using BAPI_BUS2177_STAFFING_ADD to staff one specific business partner for a choosen role.

if i try to assign 2 different business partner to the same role ......... the function gives me this result:

Message TYPE : E

Message ID : DPR_BUPA_LINK

Message Number : 004

This looks obvious : it seems tha you cannot assign two different people to the same role.

The problem is that if i open the same project with the application CProjects via browser (Internet Explorer 6) i can assign as many business partners as i want , all to the same role ......

any suggestion ?

thanks !

Edited by: fabrizio gemma on Feb 24, 2009 3:36 PM

Edited by: fabrizio gemma on Feb 24, 2009 3:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

problem solved .......... thanks a lot !