cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap NW 7.01 Sneak Preview and PDF form developement: is it possible?

andrea_galluccio2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

i need your help.

I've download Sap NW 7.01 sneak preview and now i would like develop and test integrations

between WDA and Adobe Interactive forms.

I know that the ADS runs only on the java side of the AS, and the sneak preview

doesen't have it.

So this is what i need:

1. A link (or links) where i can download all required sw components

(i presume just Java AS and ADS Service)

(the installation of the Sneak preview is on winXP 32bit OS with maxdb database)

(i already have a good user to access the sap marketplace and download center)

2. A guide/blog (links) that shows how to install Java AS and the ADS

3. A guide/blog (links) that show how to configure correctly ADS (SSO, users,

security certificates and so on).

On the AS preview forums, suggested me to download the linux version of the sneak preview (that includes natively the java AS), but i don't want follow that way. I'm (quite) sure that someone of you already done what i'd like to do.

Thanks a lot to all of you that will help me.

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

andrea_galluccio2
Contributor
0 Kudos

I downloaded the linux version of NW2004s. Now i have to install it and test

Best regards

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

The document Andy published got me on the right track (thanks a lot!). However, I'm still facing issues. In the nwa, I've configured ADS by running the initial wizard and by folowing the document (I think this does about the same thing). It says ADS is running on my machine.

What I am used to is to test the ADS by entering http://<host>:<port>/AdobeDocumentServices/Config . This returns a 404 (not found). If I try to do this in any other system with ADS on our landscape, this works fine. I've setup a few of these, so I thought this would be no different.

Anyone know what the config URL is for ADS on CE 7.11? Or am I missing a point?

Former Member
0 Kudos

To answer myself and for the archive: It's working fine although the URL still returns 404. I gave up and just went on configuring and to my surprise everything works.

So this thread can be marked answered, it is possible to install ADS on the CE1 preview.

andrea_galluccio2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

technically speaking, this thread can not be closed because i don't have received a good answer.

Please look better at the subject : I've asked about "Use PDF form development on Sap NW 7.01" and NOT "Use PDF for developmenet on Sap NW CE 7.1".

I have the sneak preview of Sap NW 7.01 ABAP and i would install ADS on it. I don't want to download another type of SAP preview. That means: NO linux, NO Sap CE 7.1.

I'm searching for someone that have installed ADS and Java stack ONLY on SAP Sneak Preview 7.01 ABAP.

Thank you

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

You are right. But you can't have ADS services without an Java stack. You don't want to download another preview with Java in it, so then you also have your answer. Is it possible? No. Not without installing a Java stack. You can't have ADS on ABAP only.

Maybe I should be more accurate, because you already posted this info so you know this. Ofcourse you also can install an Java-only system with ADS in it. I have done so myself. But because you use previews, I thought the issue here was to get ADS working with sneak-preview versions in general.

Edited by: Martin Loohuizen on Mar 4, 2009 2:29 PM

andrea_galluccio2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

forgive me but.... my original question (as you can see if you start reading the post form the beginning) was:

So this is what i need:

1. A link (or links) where i can download all required sw components

(i presume just Java AS and ADS Service)

(the installation of the Sneak preview is on winXP 32bit OS with maxdb database)

(i already have a good user to access the sap marketplace and download center)

2. A guide/blog (links) that shows how to install Java AS and the ADS

3. A guide/blog (links) that show how to configure correctly ADS (SSO, users,

security certificates and so on).

I was aware that Java is a must to run ADS.

I'm just searching for people that had installed and cofigured missing sw components.

But at this point, i'm quite sure that no one already did that before (and probably it's not possibile add java stack to an ABAP sneak preview). So probably the only two ways to use ADS is download linux or CE version of the sneak preview.

Anyway, thanks a lot to Martin and all of you that have contribuite to this post.

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same issue. Can any one help us?

Thank you,

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can possibly help. Please see http://sites.google.com/site/softwareabnet/sap-adobe-forms-integration-ehp1and you'll find an attachment with my writeup on how I am accomplishing this (as it turns out) quite difficult feat. I'm not done yet...but...my PDF forms appear and they are populated with data from my context. So life is moving on along.

Cheers,

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply. I saw your website and the document aslo. I can not able to download ADS from the market place, becuase I don't have software download option. I may not get this from our administrator because I am trying to install the SAP NetWeaver 7.01 ABAP trail on my personal computer. Is there any other way ?

Also I notice that you have SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio. What is the link to download this?

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Surya.