cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC to XML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to XI. I have a doubt. When we post the IDOC from R/3 with tRFC port, whether internally it will be generated as XML file? if so, whether we can capture it in external java mapping

Thanks,

Naresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naresh,

there is no way possible to convert your IDOC XML to another adapter without using IR. You have to use some kind of mapping.

As i described in my answer earlier, when looking at the SAP help you can see that this isn't supported by SAP

Greets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we post the IDOC from R/3 with tRFC port, whether internally it will be generated as XML file -No, it is generated in IDOC XML native format which is not the general XML.

if so, whether we can capture it in external java mapping - I think it is not feasible to get the IDOC XML data in a JAVA mapping because your external JAVA mapping will be running during the msg processsing and before this processing is started, your IDOC XML is converted to XML format by the IDOC adapter and then the msg processing starts..........so you can get the XML payload of the IDOC in a JAVA mapping but not the IDOC-XML format.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajeev,

So you mean, we can get the XML payload of IDOC into java mapping even though we dont have any sender communication channel. right?

If so, can you please give tell me how we can get it?

Thanks & Regards,

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this you will have to create a JAVA mapping and import it in IR...........this case will be similar to any other case in which you have a JAVA mapping to map a source structure to a target structure.... then in interface mapping, you will specify JAVA mapping and select your JAVA mapping program which you imported in IR..............in your JAVA mapping program, by the input parameter you will get the XML payload of your idoc and then in the mapping you can generate your target msg.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Edited by: RAJEEV GUPTA on Feb 24, 2009 12:45 PM

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Naresh,

For idocs there is no sender adapter and hence there is no sender agreement. The idocs are converted to from IDoc format to IDoc XML format.

I am doubtfull whether you can capture the idoc data in an external java mapping because this involves tapping into the message flow pipeline. But as an alternative you can try out idoc available as a file. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/45/098b6145360488e10000000a155369/frameset.htm

Rgds

joel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naresh,

Take a look at

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/45/098b6145360488e10000000a155369/frameset.htm

Here all functionalities regarding IDOC adapters are deined.

Greets

Former Member
0 Kudos

NAresh

SAP Xi is importing the IDOCS as IDOCXML, when implemented in sap Xi you can do Java modifications on it if you want.

Greets

Former Member
0 Kudos

My question is,

If we want to copy normal file from one adapter to another, we use dynamic attributes in java mapping.

But here there is no adapter. so how can i capture..?

Regards,

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you mean by dynamic attributes ? Is it data type and length ur talking or about the mapping related stuff. Kindly provide more details on this.

Coming to adapter to import the Idoc/RFC structure in Integration Repository. In Software Comp.=>Namespace=>Interface objects=>External Definitions=> You can import RFC/IDOC structure by bynamically connecting to R3/ECC system.

Thanks,

Jogula Ramesh