cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptive RFC "reimport model" option disabeld

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to reimport my RFC's but the option-> reimport model , when i m right clicking the model, is disabled.

Can anyone please help me?

I am using NDS_7.0.9.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sweta,

Model reimport for RFC models is not supported in NDS_7.0.9. Moreover, in next releases as well it has few issues with model reimport.

I would suggest you to recreate the model. As during the model reimport most of the time I have faced issues of naming conflicts and extended length of attributes in model.

Regards,

Pravesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravesh,

Thanks for your reply. But if i'll import my model again then all the contenxt mapping n all will be gone..

And i have to do lot of rework.

Is there any solution, so that i can save all this and apply to my new model.

Regards,

Shweta

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sweta,

Unfortunately there is no other way. This is a overhead which is there. Which has to be done.. I would say that if you have not done much of your development then recreate the model. And do the model binding again in the controller .

This will not take much time.. However if the model attributes of the controller are used in View controller and are diretcly binded to the UI elements then this binding has to be done again.

Hope this helps you!!

Regards,

Pravesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

there won't be any re-work when you re-import your model ,

just map the attributes that have been added extra in the backend .

model to controller and controller to view .

, even if are trying to create a new model once again , there i guess there need not be any problem

with mapping ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

I am not reimporting my model. that option is disabled.

Currently I am importing RFC from XI 3.0 system which is getting migrate to PI 7.1.

So i have to change my WD application and import these RFCs from PI 7.1 server now.

My whole apllication is ready, the only thing i have to do now is to reimport RFC's from new server.

But if i'll create the model again, all the mapping and bindings need to be done again, right?

So i just wanted a solution, if there is any possiblilty of saving my old mappig n all n reusing it.

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Murali,

>

> I am not reimporting my model. that option is disabled.

> Currently I am importing RFC from XI 3.0 system which is getting migrate to PI 7.1.

> So i have to change my WD application and import these RFCs from PI 7.1 server now.

> My whole apllication is ready, the only thing i have to do now is to reimport RFC's from new server.

> But if i'll create the model again, all the mapping and bindings need to be done again, right?

> So i just wanted a solution, if there is any possiblilty of saving my old mappig n all n reusing it.

>

> Regards,

> Shweta

Hi Shweta,

Why you want to import RFC from XI? not from any business system such as ECC or R/3

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayyapparaj,

This WD application uses data from XI and all the RFCs are created in XI.

So, i have to import it from there only.

There will be no difference whether importing from XI or R/3 server.

The application was created earlier, now i have to change it, so that it gets its data from PI now.

Regards,

Shweta

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

You are surely having a big task in front of you!! A word of advice.. If yiou are going for the recreation of the model then try to give a different model name as well. Because many a times it it happen that if you are using the same model name then some refrences are left in the webdynpro src folders.

This is a not the everytime case. However there is fair enough possibility of this case as well. This will lead to a small change where yiu have used the model name etc to execuate the model.

I hope this will clarify the issue. However, I believe at this point of time recreating the model will be the best option for you!!

Thanks and Regards

Pravesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pravesh.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

When you import model in a Web Dynpro project, generation of the model classes is also carried out.

(Please ensure Project -> Build Automatically is checked as this is the advised mode of working).

These model classes are generated under gen_cmi/... folder. You can see this folder for the project in NWDS in Navigator view.

Now, you can first delete the contents of the gen_cmi folder & then import the model so that you start afresh.

Kind Regards,

Nitin

PS: If you have done some coding wrt model, you may get compile errors when you delete the gen_cmi folder, you can comment them for the time being.

Edited by: Nitin Jain on Feb 24, 2009 4:36 PM