cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Occurred creating Report Object: ActiveX component can't create objec

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have an error "Error Occurred creating Report Object: ActiveX component can't create object" when open asp-file in IE. Please, help me! What Java-components I need install? What else?

Server side: Windows 2003 SP2, IIS6, Crystal Reports Server XI

Client side: Windows XP SP3, IE 7.0

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx to myself and my collegues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrey, What was the missing DLL ?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using the RDC, the most likely dlll needing to register is craxdrt.dll and or crviewer.dll.

Ludek

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

It's server-side invocation. Nothing to do with Java.

What code is causing this error?

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

<%@ LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" %>

<%

ServerName="app4-odusb-bur"

DatabaseName="CKReports"

WorkLogin="***"

WorkPWD="***"

reportname = "SV3in1_p1.rpt"

If Not IsObject (session("oApp")) Then

Set session("oApp") = Server.CreateObject("CrystalRuntime.Application.11")

End If

Path = Request.ServerVariables("PATH_TRANSLATED")

While (Right(Path, 1) <> "\" And Len(Path) <> 0)

iLen = Len(Path) - 1

Path = Left(Path, iLen)

Wend

If IsObject(session("oRpt")) then

Set session("oRpt") = nothing

End if

On error resume next

rYear = Request.Form("rYear")

rDay = Request.Form("rDay")

rMonth = Request.Form("rMonth")

sDay = CStr(rDay)

if CInt(rDay)<10 then sDay="0"+SDay

sMonth = CStr(rMonth)

if CInt(rMonth)<10 then sMonth="0"+sMonth

sYear = CStr(rYear)

Set obj = CreateObject("ReportServer.Collector") 'HERE an ERROR was occurred, so I have closed any other operators after this one, except Error Message Operators

'obj.ConnectToDatabase1 ServerName, DatabaseName, WorkLogin, WorkPWD

'obj.Disconnect

'Set session("oRpt") = session("oApp").OpenReport(path & reportname, 1)

'Session("oRpt").Database.LogOnServer "p2ssql.dll", CStr(ServerName), CStr(DatabaseName), CStr(WorkLogin), CStr(WorkPWD)

'For n = 1 to Session("oRpt").Database.Tables.Count

' Session("oRpt").Database.Tables.Item(n).SetLogonInfo CStr(ServerName), CStr(DatabaseName), CStr(WorkLogin), CStr(WorkPWD)

'Next

If Err.Number <> 0 Then

Response.Write "Error Occurred creating Report Object: " & Err.Description

Set Session("oRpt") = nothing

Set Session("oApp") = nothing

Session.Abandon

Response.End

End If

%>

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

So you're not using Crystal Reports Server, you're using Crystal Reports Report Designer Component SDK.

And I don't know what the "ReportServer.Collector" object you're trying to instantiate. It's something else.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Тed!

Thnak you for answer. And, I decide to download a sample application to "Display a report in an ASP page using the RDC" from https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/samples?rid=/webcontent/uuid/a01c839a-7787-2b10-88a2-c8c7b894df9e [original link is broken], which demonstrates how to use the Report Designer Component (RDC) to preview a report.

But makihg all steps in readme.txt I've got in IE blank screen. I think some Business Objects ActiveX components didn't execute. May be it depends on IIS settings?

Sincerely,

Andrey Kirpichnikov

0 Kudos

Hi Andrey,

It's likely your DB logon info. Not sure what sample you are using but your original code specifies the native MS SQL driver: "p2ssql.dll"

This driver has not been supported since Microsoft no longer supports native connectivity since CR 8.5. You have to use OLE DB or ODBC to connect to your MS SQL Server.

Update your reports to use OLE DB or ODBC and then change your code to use the database property bag using logonServerEx and then use .Location method to update your DB info in the report, if it's different than what your report was designed against. If you have VB then use it's Object Browser to look in craxdrt.dll for various log on methods and what we need to connect. Newer samples should have examples on how to use it also.

Thank you

Don

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Blank screen means you don't have the required components.

Try [Fiddler|http://www.fiddlertool.com/fiddler/] to see if you can't find the problem described in the HTTP messages.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all!

I found missing dll file and have registered it.

Bye