cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract records to Desktop in flat file

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to Extract records to Desktop in flat file.

I am not able to do it from Syndicator,i tried many options.Some one can help.

I want to extract the records from MDM to Desktop in Excel/Flat file format,whether it is from Data Manage or Syndicator.

Immediate req.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

To add to what Ankur has to say .....

You can export small quantity of data from data manger itself .

But the advantage of doing this through a separte tool like syndiactor for exporting is that ,you can modify and play around with a lot more properties in the syndicator.

The fields name can change,the order of the fields can be modified, Static text can be included.delimiters can be set,Key mappings can be handled,Cutom items /Merge items be incuded ,searches etc etc...

So SAP has developed the MDM syndicator exclusively for this purpose with the exporting option as an addon in the data manager itself.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member198313
Contributor
0 Kudos

I want to extract the records from MDM to Desktop in Excel/Flat file format,whether it is from Data Manage or Syndicator.

why not use Data Manager option if the requirement is one time. You can select fields and other output parameters also.

Open Data Manager . File -> Export to -> Excel or Text.

for Excel , you need to give auth. in excel.

Hope it helps,

+ An

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

I want to extract the records from MDM to Desktop in Excel/Flat file format,whether it is from Data Manage or Syndicator

- MDM syndicator is the tool to export data in MDM .

- Data in MDM repository can be viewed and managed in MDM Data manager.

- What ever data is present in data manager will be exported outside using MDM syndicator.using your search criteria.

How to Extract records to Desktop in flat file.

I am not able to do it from Syndicator,i tried many options.Some one can help.

- Master data in MDM rep can be syndicated using MDM syndicator using 2 main formats Flat and XML.

- For local syndication to your desktop in flat format you need to follow the bewlo steps:

1) Create destination items manually in Syndicator under destination item tab.

2) Map this destination item to the source fields whcih are your mdm rep fields.

3) Use a serach critera if you wnat to filter records.

4) Click the export button in the syndicator

5) It will ask for the output file name and format

6) Give a name and select teh format form dropdown in the window (it can be text,excel.access any thing)

7) You output file is syndiacted to your local desktop.

Follow the below link for Flat syndication:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60ebecdf-4ebe-2a10-cf9f-830906c7... (Flat Syndication)

Follow the below link for XML syndication:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e04fbbb3-6fad-2a10-3699-fbb40e51... (XML Syndication)

This will give you the clear distinction between the two.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

Please refer the below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/ff/37e4c6857449388ddb6c77f160ac4f/frameset.htm

Syndicating Records->Overview->Executing Syndication

Please check that you have not specified any port number for the data to be syndicated to.

If not, then you can directly get it in the path you specify on executing Syndicate.

Hope it helped.

Thanks,

Priti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

You can extract the records from both data manager as well as syndicator.

In Data Manager, you have import records option.But for this you need to export them first.

In syndicator, Go to New > Flat.

Perform the required item mapping.

Go to the tab syncicate>Execute

Give the required Desktop path.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz