cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro Application Time Out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My requirement is that before application gets expired (2 mins before) we need to display message stating "Application is going to Time Out. So please save the data." and once it gets expired we need to show message "Application got expired. Please refresh the Application."

For this I tried setting sap.expirationTime property of the application as 5 sec for trial purpose. But it is not getting expired. Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks,

Swati Gaur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swati

In Component controller there is One Hook method

wdDoApplicationStateChange(com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDApplicationStateChangeInfo stateChangeInfo, com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDApplicationStateChangeReturn stateChangeReturn)

{

//@@begin wdDoApplicationStateChange()

//@@end

}

Take the help from following Links

1 [IWDApplicationStateChangInfo|;

2.[Whats New|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3904] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

May it Help

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

For webdynpro application if it is being developed in Java,then we are able to suspend ,resume the application.

When the suspend plug is fired, the Web Dynrpo application assumes a suspend state, due to which the application can be resumed at exactly the same position when it is called again via the resume plug.

The length of the suspend state depends on the interval you set in the application property *ExpirationTime. *

If this duration is exceeded before the Web Dynpro application has been called by the resume plug, then the Web Dynpro application is terminated. If the resume plug is called after the application has been terminated, then the Web Dynpro application is restarted. The difference to a normal application start is that the resume plug is called instead of the startup plug.

When the resume plug is called in this case, it is possible to restore the state the Web Dynpro application had before it was terminated: you must store the current state of the Web Dynpro application before you terminate it.

If the Web Dynpro application changes its state, the event stateChangeEvent is triggered, which can be queried in the wdDoApplicationStateChange method of the component controller. Here, you can use IWDApplicationStateChangeInfo to query the status. Three reasons are possible for calling the method:

· Suspend: The Web Dynpro application is suspended. In this case you should minimize the storage requirement.

· * Resume*: The Web Dynpro application is reactivated.

· Timeout: The Web Dynpro application is terminated due to a timeout event. After that, the wdDoExit methods are called.

In addition, you can query the session ID under which the Web Dynpro application can store data. This session ID is again passed in the call of the resume plug, thus storing the data.

May be this will be useful for fulfilling your requiremnts.

Actually we can do it by changing the application property also but i am not sure about that way as soemtimes it will b e responsible for server timeout.

Just try this one and lets see .

Regards,

Anu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did it work for you?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

I have a similar requirement. Could you kindly let me know the steps to achieve this.

Thank You,

Radhika Vadher.