cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not working Billing Block functionality for Invoicing Plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using Invoicing plan functionality to purchase materials by using Milestones from Network of Project System. The system is allowing to post Vendor Invoice (MIRO) without removing of Billing Block of Invoicing Plan from PO and the system should give error message because of non removal of Billing block.

The following configuration was done in Invoicing Plan of PS.

1. Assigned Date Category to Invoicing Plan Type (30)

2. Assignment of Invoicing Plan Type to Network Profile

The following configuration was done in Invoicing Plan of MM.

1. Assigned default date category to Partial Invoicing Plan type

2. Maintained Date category to Invoicing Plan type

3. Assigned Date proposal category to Invoicing Plan Type

4. Maintained Date Proposal to Invoicing Plan Type

What are the changes needs to do in configuration or transaction to prevent to post vendor Invoice because of nonremoval of Billing block from Invoicing Plan?

Please give me the solution.

Thanks in advance,

Rao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao

You need to have the invoicing plan done in Project System (PS) under the project with Milestones and save the plan. On dong this, the system would generate a 'Reference Number'. This can be seen when you again go to the invoicing plan.

Use this reference number in the MM invoicing plan to link the PS & MM plans. This would create a block automatically in MM which can be lifted only on confirmation of the appropriate Milestone in PS.

Hope this helps

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Thanks your reply.

I am doing the same but the system is not giving error message while posting Vendor Invoice without removing Invoice block in PO and is posting Invoice.

Thanks once again,

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a fuctionality for Invoicing Plan in standard SAP. You need to copy the dates from milestones. They cannot be entered manually. If manual dates are entered, there is no billing block.

Kind regards, Aleksandra

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As for as I know, milestone billing can be used to raise invoice only with Customer, but not with Vendor.

In Milestone billing you are linking your sales order with the WBSE (marked as billing element), & In milestones, you are specifying the usage as "sales document date". That's how your milestones get linked to your billing plan in sales side.

I don't see such feature for Vendor payment.

Experts, if anything like that available in standard SAP, please update here. It'll be one good learning.

Thanks