cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transport of XI Objects from Dev to Q system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need the steps for moving the XI Object from Dev to Q system.

I have completed the devlopment of object and i need to move to Q system.

All the servers are maintained at London.

what should i give to Basis people inorder to move to Q system.

Thanks in Advance,

Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have three Options when considering transports between systems in XI:

1. File Method - Using the standard tools in XI IR and ID it is possible to export the content to a filesystem and following this import into another environment using the import functionality. The advantage of this is that it is easy to do and not implementation overhead. The disadvantage is that you do not have clear tracability (you xhould keep all exported packages on the server).

2. Using CMS - This uses the NWDI infrastructure to transport packages between environments. Only consider this option if you have NWDI in place in your environment otherwise in my opinion the overhead is too great. It only applies to Java Objects e.g. you cant transport for example ABAP Proxy classes using this methodology.

3. Use CTS+ or enhanced CTS - This allows Java Objects to be transported to by attaching Java Objects to transport requests. This is good if you are an ABAPer and familiar with the se09.se10 transactions. It does however have and implementation overhead and also you must first export the Objects from IR and ID first as per point 1.

I think in a low usage env point 1 is fine .. for an env with 100's of interfaces I would go for 3.

All the links I think are in earlier posts ..

Thanks

Damien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.. My problem is solved.

Bhaskar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For file based

Right click the objects (preferably NS or SWCV) in IR and (scenario) in ID and click export

you get a .tpz file with path.

just mention this to them, the will move it & you can import to Q

If you use CMS, the procedure is once again the same but while you do the export you will not get a .tpz file.

You have to maintain transport targets in SLD (which is also done by Basis guys, in most cases)

Regards

Vishnu

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look into this document of Setting up CMS for SAP XI.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b8d8f7b2-0701-0010-b09a-cda4cca2...

Got a great link for you.

Check out this thread.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Edited by: Aashish Sinha on Feb 24, 2009 7:13 AM