cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in TMS config after switch over to DR site

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We resently switch over our primary to DR. I am not able to do the transportations. I have made changes to all neccessary RFC connections and tested, working fine. If i click on Distribute and activate button it is not getting activate. Can some body please help to resolve this issue without deleting the existing config. I have some unneccesary clients in the TMS config, we have deleted those clients but still they are showing in transport routes view. may be because of this The distribute and activate button is not working.. Can some one help please ASAP. this is our production issue..

Thanks advance,

Dev.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

Comment all login related parameters in instance profile, And just cleanup all buffers with $tab Tcode,

And retry.

For deactivating min_password_digits, you need to restart SAP application.

Regards

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you check profile parameter login/min_password_digits & disable it temporary if its value is 1. As TMSADM password is system generated it gives errors if you set this profile parameter.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here no need to delete your TMS configuration. You just login to your system any client(DR) give tcode STMS>Transport Routes & then goto menu Configuration>click on Adjust with controller.

If this is not happening from any client then please try login to 000 & perform same & let us know.

We do the same after every system refresh.Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

while i am doing the same whise as Sushil said. there is RFC connection failure error coming. i have checked the authorization test of the RFCs it is also getting failed. If i click the adjust TMS controler it is asking all systems logins...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

Here in this case no need to delete entire TMS configuration for all systems.

If your landscape is 3 system, then just delete your existing PRO system from Development(whatever your Domain controller) and come to DR login with ddic in 000 clinet and add the same system in existing domain controller.

There is no need to delete entire configuration of STMS. just you need to add new system to existing landscape.

Regards

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

so devendra

why do you not delete the transport routes also and configure them

I will suggest you to do a full TMS configuration again

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can refer to the following link for TMS configuration

http://bbs.cenet.org.cn/UploadImages/200581112435749207.pdf

This will surely help

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thanks alot for your prompt reply. Is there any problem to delete the config? One of my folk told that if we delete the config, we may lost all existing unimport requests..is this right?

Thanks advance,

Dev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Devendra,

I am not sure of that but why dont you delete all the unnecessary tranport routes,I think this will not be an issue

delete the transport routes and then try distributing

also what is the error that u are getting while distributing the config

Rohit