cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring RAR 5.3 application from one server to another server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have installed RAR 5.3 application in one of our server. The server lease is getting expired and we have to move the entire applications from this server to a new server including GRC RAR 5.3

Is there a way to restore the RAR 5.3 application along with the configuration settings and SoD rules

to the new server by backing up the old server?

or

Does it requires a fresh installation of RAR 5.3 and reconfigure the entire RAR 5.3 along with

the SOD rules?

If restoring is possible, please provide us the steps involved and the care that needs to be taken care during the back up and restoring.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Srihari.K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sri,

The steps Surpreet mentioned will require you to install AC 5.3 again and you will have to rung all the background jobs again. My basis person used to just take database copy and restore DB on another server. I don't how to do it but BASIS person would know about this procedure.

In a nutshell, take DB copy from the old server and restore it on new server. Make sure that version of every software or tool remains same on both servers.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sri,

Yes this is possible.

You have to download all the data from this server and then upload same.

Under each tab i.e. Informer, Configuration, Mitigation you will find 'Utility' option (Import/Export).

Use this option and download & upload all the data.

Remember not to add any extension to these file. Whichever format they are downloaded, upload them in same format.

Hope this help.

Regards,

Surpreet