Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating and using a new theme for ITS services of SRM 5.0

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have searched the forum and found out that it is not possible for the ITS services of SRM to use the parameters 'DesignBaseUrl' and 'design' .Also found a thread which says..

For SRM, you will have to perform the following steps in order to change

the theme.

In the SE80 editor you will have to create a new theme folder for all

the services which you need. You can see all the html templates arranged

accordingly.  (You may also choose to stick to the default theme 99, but

applying a new SP may change the theme again.)

In the SICF transaction, you will have to set the service parameter

~theme for the corresponding service to the theme which you want to be

used.

I created a new theme (Z1) for service BBPSC01 .Now in se80 under the ITS service BBPSC01 i see a new node Topic Z1

Now how to go further about it...

Do i need to copy all the Parameters from Topic 99 to Topic Z1 ?

Do i have to copy all the HTML templates from Topic 99 to Topic Z1 or can i copy the entire topic at one go?

Most important thing is how do i get the new theme that i want to apply?Is it to be generated using ITS theme generator of EP?

Basically we have to apply Ep theme to ITS services of SRM....

Please give step by step procedure or any information regarding this..

Thanks a lot,

Anubhav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anubhav,

What kind of changes do you want to do make in the theme?

You can copy the existing theme (topic) in SE80 to a new theme name, like Z1. Then make your changes in Topic Z1. Then go to SICF and the service that you made the change to (bbpsc01) and change the GUI Configuration ~theme value to Z1. After you save you should see your changes.

Edgar

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

I created a new theme by copying the theme 99 ,made the required changes in theme Z1, published each and every object individually so that nothing is missed.

Then in SICF changed the value of parameter theme to Z1 for services BBPSTART , BBPSC01 and BBPSC02 .

No Changes are visible in ie.

Then i tried modifing the standard theme 99 , changed the theme parameter back to 99 in all services .

Published the services using the report W3_PUBLISH_SERVICES .

No changes are visible in IE ..

What am i missing?

Thanks,

Anubhav

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anubhav,

Use an HTTP tracing tool to see what files are being used on the browser. This probably does not match what you had changed. Also, did you create a Z1 Topic for bbpstart also?

Edgar

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

The changes are suddenly visible today . I guess because i restarted the machine.

I learned that the browser stores CSS file info in cache...i also found that you have to give the CSS file a unique name if you want to force the browser to load the latest version..how to do this in ITS?

What should i do so that the changes are visible without restarting the machine?

Regards,

Anubhav

Edited by: Anubhav Jain on Feb 26, 2009 6:13 AM

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anubhav,

If you are using the Integrated ITS then go to transaction SITSPMON and flush the cache (mime for css files)

If you are using the Standalone ITS then you can change the ~runtimemode to dm in the global.srvc file, after restarting the mimes will not be cached. Or you can use the ITS ADM tool to flush the ITS cache.

If you are referring to the browser cache then you will need to flush the browser cache. Or change the caching configuration on the browser.

Edgar

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

Every time i have to delete temporary internet fils and cookies from browser, then clear caches in SITSPMON but its still far better than restarting the machine everytime i need to see the changes.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Anubhav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

One last thing in this is how do I get the portal css corresponding to the ITS style sheet...i mean for eg. there is

.applicationTitle
{
    FONT-WEIGHT: bold;
    FONT-SIZE: 100%;
    COLOR: #000000;
    FONT-STYLE: normal;
    FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif;
    FONT-VARIANT: normal

in the ebpapplication.css file how can i find the values for .applicationTitle for portal..

Hope my query is clear...

Thanks,

Anubhav

Edited by: Anubhav Jain on Feb 26, 2009 10:55 AM

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anubhav,

I don't think I understand the question. The .applicationTitle is in the bbpglobal style ebpapplication.css file, but I think you know this already.

If you're using a Portal then have you tried using the Portal Theme Generator?

Edgar